+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I miss my ex. What should I do?

I miss my ex. What should I do?

Hello everybody,

I've been dating a girl for 7 months, she was my first love, but I made a mistake and she left me. We've been through everything. I fell inlove with her the first time I saw her, she's an amazing girl and I really regret every bad thing I did to her. When we started dating I was so damn happy, everything was perfect. But then we started argueing almost every single day. It changed when she took me to her house. I met her parents. I really liked them and I felt that I really like them, too. She had a sister, who was an adult. Their friends are adults, too. But my ex wasn't. But she was smoking and drinking almost every day with them. I didn't like it alot. I really wanted her to be healthy. I forbided her to smoke. She never smoked when I was with her. Whet it was her sister's birthday, there were many guys. She was dancing with almost every single guy, but when I asked her to dance with me, she said no. I was jealous. And then I acted stupid. I started to give her no space and she was angry. She dumped me that night. After a few days I wrote her a letter. She cried all day. I came to her house, she said she loved me. I felt so happy. Unfortunately, I went away. Then she started to act strange, I was really depressed because there was nothing I could do. She told me that we couldn't be together. Then I begged her to come back to me. She said that she will, but not at that time. The time went by and after 2 months I texted her a message: "I love You". "F*** off" she replied. Then she said thet she has a new boyfriend. That broke my heart. I know that I wasn't the best boyfriend, but I really loved her. If I could go back in time, I would act different, but I can't. The worst thing is that we attend the same school and I see her every day. I try to go out with my firends, other girls, but no one can replace her. I dream her, I dream her getting back to my arms. After 6 months I still love her with all my heart, I feel miserable, depressed. Everything started to go wrong. I know that I could do everything for her. What should I do? How should I get her back? Or how should I forget her? Please, help me.
    Last edited by Ramirez; 03-01-13 at 12:28 AM.

You have NOTHING in common with her. Why are you not making the mental effort to get over her? Instead you wallow in "what was" but, if you reread "what was" it sounds like all it was, was you being upset and angst ridden with her flirting, drinking, attention whoring and smoking. Where is the fun, reciprocal love in all that? I think you mistake the sex you enjoyed with her and that actually all there is to miss.

"How should you forget her?" Do stop wallowing in thoughts of her, do stop wishing for a reconcilliation, don't speak to her again or let others tell you about her. Keep busy while you're making a consious effort to dismiss thoughts of her when they pop into your head. You'll be fine, you just haven't accepted yet that you two were a poor match. Once you realize that, you'll more easily get to the stage of indifference to her.

Yes, we have nothing in common, but that's what I liked in her, that she was different from me. Sex wasn't the way of showing our love. I really thank you for your opinion and for making me understand everything.

You must apologize from your first love with sincerity.I am sure you will get her back.

Thank you, alben. I will try everything I can.