+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice for confusing situation

Need advice for confusing situation

To explain my situation i feel like i need to start at the beginning of a longish story.

Ok so I've liked this girl for a long time, and have been friends with her a little longer. we've been friends for a little over 2years now. Near the end of the 1st year I was leaving for bootcamp for the Marines, I had already started to really like this girl months and months before, but she is kind of wierd about relationships so as a shy ish 17-18yr old I was afraid of rejection and never made a move. But right before I left for bootcamp I felt like I should tell her, so with encouragement from her best friend I finally decided to tell her. Her response was basically what I expected, she really liked me but I was going off to the marines and didn't want to have a relationship where the first 6months I would see her for 10 days, she also said she just didnt want a relationship at that time. She said after I was done with the Marines she wanted to give us a chance.

So off to bootcamp I went, came back for boot leave and was back for New Years where she came with me and my family to New Orleans, nothing happened we just had a good time. I went to school of infantry for 2months and then was stationed at a base very far from my home state, I was there for about a month when I got a call from her where she said she loved me I made her life 10xs better and all that good jazz, but there was a guy she really liked and basically asked if it was ok or if I would be ok if she dated him. I said yes cause I was 800miles away and wouldn't see her for another 6months and I wasn't going to hold her back because I would get jealous. Nothing ever came out of that i dont think, nothing serious anyway. there was no relationship status change, her friends never talked about her hanging out with a guy, basically no evidence anything happened. It was never mentioned again. Anyway Moving on I was about to get sent to Afghanistan and was in Cali training for about a month and a half and once we got back we got about 14 days of leave to go back home. I go back home me and her get really close again, but nothing happens. I was waiting for an opportunity I guess and I just whimper out. Because all I was getting was friendship vibes from her even though we spent a lot of time together and she loved being around me. I guess I just missed my chance there maybe I don't know.

So I leave and due to troop withdrawals I don't go to Afghanistan, so several months pass and we're texting skyping and calling all during this time and eventually I got sent to a new unit that is going to Afghanistan. However this was really close to Christmas when I changed units so we all get there and I get to go on leave which they say will Probly be the last time we will get to go home before we leave. We got about 2weeks back home and like usual whenever I'm back me and this girl spend a lot of time together. I'm pretty sure she knew I still liked her, but I still had no idea how she felt about me. But This time I learned my lesson. I had almost gone to Afghanistan without just kissing this girl I had liked for close to 2 years, and there was no way I was going to miss my opportunity while I stoll had the chance to atleast kiss her. Due to unfortunate circumstances though there was only one chance where we were ever alone... The last time I saw her before I left to go back to my base 800miles away. We had been hanging out watched a little Indie romantic comidie, listened to music, just passed time until I had to go and like usual she made me feel like a little shy highschooler again and was so anxious I didn't take the chance I had when we were alone in her room to kiss her. So it got late and I was getting up to leave and she walked me out to my car and we hugged for a while We were letting go and walking away because I had whimped out again, when I said screw it turned grabed her hand turned her around and we kissed, it wasn't exceptionally long but it wasn't short either. We both break apart we stare at eachother for a little then she says goodbye and so do I and our fingers kind of hold onto each others for a little bit and then I leave.

What I need help with is I have no idea what to do now. I don't know where we stand, we txted eachother like nothing had really happened. She hasn't given any sign that she wants anything more than we ever had which I can understand, but I am extremely confused as to whether she likes me or should I bring up the kiss in a conversation to see where we stand with eachother. Or if I should act like nothing happened and next time I see her make a move. The next chance I have to see her will Probly be 9months from now after I get back from Afghanistan unless she comes up with my family to see me off which I doubt she will do. Basically I'm just very confused as to what I should do, I've liked this girl for years and she means so much to me. Any help is appreciated.

I think the best thing is to do nothing till you're home from Afghanistan. It's really unfair to start something up with her just as you're about to leave.