+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with my best friend.

In love with my best friend.

Hello everyone,

I have never been on a forum before so i thought I'd come on here and ask for some advice, I am a gay man aged 22 from Swansea, UK. Here is what i need advice on.

I have known this person for about 12 years of my life and we've always had a strong bond as friends but over the past 4 years my feelings have for him have gotten stronger and i believe i am in love with him. I'm not a very obvious gay person I don't wear strange clothes or go out on the scene or do any of the normal gay thing that other gay people i know do. In fact I am the complete opposite I love football, Xbox and going out to rock bars and rock clubs. I'm nothing special i just blend in with everyone else, although I am out to everyone I know and anyone who asks me if then I'll tell them the truth because I have nothing to be ashamed of. Now back to the reason i am on here, I have this constant feeling of wanting to be with him we spend most of our time together as we both enjoy the same things. we also worked together for a long time too but recently our employers changed so we work separately now, but now all i can think about is what is he doing and am i going to lose him but i never really had him to lose...this is where i am getting upset with myself. I know i cannot have him and i never will be able to have him but i cannot let go of the feelings for him. I don't want to lose him as a friend because of this either, he knows that I have stronger feelings for him but he doesn't try to end our friendship everything just carries on as it was. I believe that is where my head and heart are getting mixed up, I tell myself he doesn't want me but yet after I told him how I feel he is still there.

please help me, i don't want to die an old single gay man still wishing for something that could never be.

thanks for reading i hope you have some advice on what I should do...

joe

Hi and welcome. He sounds like a nice guy knowing how you feel yet still friends with you. You didn't say if he is gay or not? I am a bit confused though cause most guys woud run a mile if their friend said they had feelings for them. I am wondering if he is afraid but really likes you. I would say back off for while and see what he does, its worth a try. If it comes to nothing then you need to give up the friendship because you are too emotionally involed. This will eventually free you to find someone. It is hard but only you can make the choice. GL