+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friendzone, lovezone,nogo zone,who knows?

Friendzone, lovezone,nogo zone,who knows?

Ive resorted too an online forum for answers. A few months a go,late october a guy in my mutual friend group showed up. I have always noticed him but never thought anymore as he had been in a 8 year relationship, which I only found out this particular day he had seperated, girls in my group pushed me to make a move, I did the "out of my league" excuse, he ended up taking me home,offered his number with a "lets see what happens".....Sooo from that point every day he texts, highly flirty, over the following 6 weeks we decided to do a couple of trips together. At this point Im really liking the guy but trying to get him across the line was proving impossible so, I put it down to him just enjoying friendly attention and general banter, which I was fine with.

Feeling Im well and truly in the friends zone, Im happy with that. He is moving house closer to my work,he knows Im having issues with my current obnoxious male housemate(who likes to make life difficult for any male I bring home) and offers to share with me, I accept, just friends even with the flirty-ness happening etc, etc. Then several weeks ago texts get flirty, im trying to behave but he starts pushing the line and we finally decide hes coming over friday night,spends the night, makes the comment in themorning "How does this affect us moving in?"I didnt answer, he left with a "thanks for a good night". And on life goes.

New years eve came along, he got fairly drunk and started with the suggestive texts again, I made the mistake of playing along. Later that day he sees me driving with a friend into the city, calls me straight away wanting to see what I was doing, going etc...I had company in the car so the conversation was a little short and abrupt. Next day I get messages "How was your night?" which is unusual for him, since that point he messages all the time "what are you doing tonight" when he knew I was sick, he was all concerned etc. What concerned me was the the sudden influx of "what are you doing?" messages almost like checking up on me.

Now we are due to move and share a house together in the coming weeks; My ability to put him in and keep him in the "friends zone" is fine so Im unsure, do I bail out of the move? Move in and be a hard ass with no more flirting sleeping together etc? or do I just roll with it and see how it plays out? Or be upfront, I liek you now WTF do you actually want?
    Im getting so many mixed signals from him, that as you can see from above Im more confused than ever. If I let my guard down I could easily fall for this guy, he ticks every box but not wanting to be the rebound after his recent split, its a bit messy.

If you can understand this at all, hit me with your thoughts?

Stop thinking like a girl. We don't put out efforts into texting, flirting ect without having some kind of hopes you will reciprocate. Ask him out for drinks or something....he obviously likes you

WTf bro? Copying ****er.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
    Stop thinking like a girl. We don't put out efforts into texting, flirting ect without having some kind of hopes you will reciprocate. Ask him out for drinks or something....he obviously likes you
    Your right.
    I deserve a boot up the ass! I've never behaved like such a bloody princess like this before

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    lol, dont be like that bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiegirl View Post
    Your right.
    I deserve a boot up the ass! I've never behaved like such a bloody princess like this before
    I cant take credit for that great advice. It was all surfb2's work.

I thought chick logic was confusing, but guy logic, Is not far behind!!! Wow