+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it courageous or desperate to knock on his/her house door to ask them out...

Is it courageous or desperate to knock on his/her house door to ask them out...

Is it courageous or desperate to knock on his/her house door to ask them out, to get to know them, after s/he has shown nonverbal attraction/interest?

Why not both?

You forgot creepy or inappropriate which it could be depending on: Why would you need to knock on their door? How well do you know them? Don't you have his/her telephone number?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A lot of people don't like surprise visitors. I suggest you ask her out in a public place.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You forgot creepy or inappropriate which it could be depending on: Why would you need to knock on their door? How well do you know them? Don't you have his/her telephone number?
    To get to know them... read the question.

My point is... If you showed nonverbal attraction towards a guy that either lives in your building or on your street and then he comes to your door to ask you out, not on a dinner date, a walk to get to know each other and to see if there is more than physical attraction. Would you take it as courageous or desperate?

Creepy, stalkerish. yes desperate...
    Last edited by smackie9; 07-01-13 at 02:06 AM.

It would have been courageous if you introduced yourself when she made eye contact with you. You missed your opportunity, so don't push it. If you see her out in public, catch her eye again. If it looks promising then go introduce yourself.

not a good idea. she may reject u 2 cause of that..
    its kind of forcing yourself to her.

u need to give the person space to react and think about it.
    call her.

Dude he can't....he doesn't even have her name yet.

Good points smackie.

The thing is... she tried to force intimate eye contact the first time, I was depressed during this time and lacking exercise/confidence. The second time, I was jumping on the bus.

The truth is... I just want to see if she's my type of woman. The type of woman that is liberated and wants to grow, not a product of society; without make up and not plucked like a chicken. I promised myself I would not get intimate with another woman that feels she needs to prove her worth to the world.

She did seem in need for a connection however I don't want to get intimate with her and then let her down if I lose interest because of her conditioned behavior.
    Last edited by Consistency; 07-01-13 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency View Post
    To get to know them... read the question.

My point is... If you showed nonverbal attraction towards a guy that either lives in your building or on your street and then he comes to your door to ask you out, not on a dinner date, a walk to get to know each other and to see if there is more than physical attraction. Would you take it as courageous or desperate?
    Now that you've elaborated... It would depend. Does she actually know who you are? That you live in her building or are you strickly going on her attempt at eye contact? If he was confident about it, I'd think him neither courageous or desperate, just interested and with enough confidence to go for it. That's sexy. (in my opinion based on being a woman). I'd still think it creepy if I didn't know you and you mistook this eye contact thing as interest from me. You should strike up some kind of conversation if you can before knocking on a strangers door that hasn't really given you for-sure-positive-it'd-be-great-if-he-was-mine-vibes. You'll not come across anything but friendly if you start small with a "Hi" that is said away from where she lives so she doesn't think you've been following her.

The truth is... I just want to see if she's my type of woman. The type of woman that is liberated and wants to grow, not a product of society; without make up and not plucked like a chicken. I promised myself I would not get intimate with another woman that feels she needs to prove her worth to the world.

She did seem in need for a connection however I don't want to get intimate with her and then let her down if I lose interest because of her conditioned behavior.
    Yea, on second thought, I'd be really creepy if you just knocked on her door. O.o
    Last edited by Wakeup; 07-01-13 at 02:49 AM.

Good points smackie.

The thing is... she tried to force intimate eye contact the first time, I was depressed during this time and lacking exercise/confidence. The second time, I was jumping on the bus.

You are an idiot....don't you know what going on dates is for? Asking someone out is not a commitment to a relationship. Going out on a date is to get to know them, learn about them, see if you have things in common. If you are not satisfied with your choice, you don't have to call them again for another date. Same with her she may not find you to her liking. There is no avoiding the negative part of dating. That is how dating works, so suck it up princess, there will be disappointments, rejections, etc....it's just life.
    Last edited by smackie9; 07-01-13 at 03:09 AM.

I don't think its creepy or desperate as long as you start with something like "I have seen you around the building and I find you really attractive. I am wondering if you would like to go for a drink or go for dinner or something".

There is no doubt she wished I was hers. I get christmas tree looks all the time.

Does every women take an advance from a guy as a sign that he just want to get into your pants? Don't get me wrong, I love sex, I LOVE my penis inside a vagina BUTwithout understanding and growth, a relationship falls apart fast.

Looks like there is too many stereotypes... not every guy is a creepy guy that is desperate to get laid. Some guys do have values.

There is no doubt she wished I was hers. I get christmas tree looks all the time.

Does every women take an advance from a guy as a sign that he just want to get into your pants? Don't get me wrong, I love sex, I LOVE my penis inside a vagina BUTwithout understanding and growth, a relationship falls apart fast.

Looks like there is too many stereotypes... not every guy is a creepy guy that is desperate to get laid. Some guys do have values.
    LOL. Some women condemn men for that; some don't. I know every guy who wants to date me finds me attractive and wants to have sex. As long as he isn't pushy about it if she wants to wait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast