+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend is acting strange and I need help!

My girlfriend is acting strange and I need help!

Alright, so we have been dating for 3 months and we are both 18. Ive been doing lots of trips because im trying to get recruited for football and she said she was really missing me so to cope she hung out with her friends a bunch. And one time all her friends left and she was alone with this 26 year old and she said he was really nice and they talked a bunch, but they were just friends and then he tried to kiss her and she said she had to go. She told me when I got back that for some reason she feels like she doesnt need to spend as much time with me anymore and that she is losing interest.. So after lots of prying i descovered that incident with the other dude. Now she is worried that when we go off to college that she cant trust herself being away from me but doesnt want to hurt me. She said she really wanted to kiss him... And she just thinks that if we separate then we will be asking what if, but if we dont she is scared she might give in and cheat on me...

I guess the question I am asking is how can i help her gain her confidence in the relationship again!?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan12 View Post
    I guess the question I am asking is how can i help her gain her confidence in the relationship again!?
    You stop travelling. She's made it clear that she doesn't want a relationship with someone who's gone frequently, so if this is to work, you need to be around a lot more.

If there's a good chance of you going away permanently to play football, then end the relationship.

The only thing about that is that she is my first and i was trying to save myself and so I dont want to just give up on us...

Stay because of love and compatibility and respect and fun. Not because you lost your virginity to the wrong person.

Edited to add: bearing in mind that she has no interest in waiting around while you travel, you may not have any choice in keeping the relationship going anyway. She may well end things whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 07-01-13 at 06:05 AM.

2 young too promise anything. enjoy your youth leave her alone.
    she is wasting her youth waiting for some youth guy.

as a girl, it seems like she doesn't have real feelings for you anymore. it sounds like she just likes the safety/stability/comfort of being in a relationship and wants to hold onto that.. sorry bud :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan12 View Post
    You can't...it's a wasted effort. It's obvious she wants constant attention and you cannot provide that so you are sh it out of luck. You both are too young to be tied down in a serious relationship...hell if you are going to college, you damn well want to be single because of the immense selection of girl you can bang. Don't be a love struck fool....you will be missing out on the best years of your life worrying over a girl that isn't that into you in the first place. Don't be so stupid, break up with her she's gonna cheat on you anyways.