+ Follow This Topic

Thread: sick of being single...

sick of being single...

ok, i haven't dated for a couple years, and i kinda want a girlfriend really bad. not just so i can get laid or anything, i just want one. i used to think of myself as a semi-attractive person, but i'm not having much luck in hs. i'm shy, which doesn't help. basically i could get one but i am real picky and don't want to go out w/ someone below what i want just so i can say i have a gf. i just feel like there aren't any single girls going to my hs (about 450 people in the whole thing) that i would want to date that would feel the same about me. respond as you feel appropriate please. any input is helpful.

i kinda feel the same way. just know there are single women out there, they just seem hidden.

Look, I know what you mean. I didn't have a boyfriend until my final year of highschool. I kissed a few boys, and there were some guys who reportedly liked me (most of them were yuck), but I never had a boyfriend and it really bothered me. Basically, it was because I had low confidence, I was scared, I didn't think I was good enough, etc etc. Like you, I wanted a boyfriend really bad, but I didn't want to settle for anyone.
    Then one day it all happened for me. I ended up going out with a guy - he was great, he was hot, he was so nice, semi-popular, he was beyond anything I could have imagined.
    So, how did it happen for me? Well, one night I was very bold, and I was at a party and I was sitting beside a guy who I've been casual friends with all through highschool. I decided to take a chance and quite soon we were kissing. Then the next day he rang me and asked me out. We lasted nearly two years. I am so glad that I decided to take that chance, on that one night, or I never would have had that life-changing relationship. So it's all about taking risks and chances, being bold and confident. Don't be afraid of rejection - trust me, there are girls out there that would love to have a guy like you, they're just too shy. Highschool is a funny thing - you look back and you realise there were so many missed opportunities. Everyone else has the same insecurities and low self-esteem that you do, and so many girls are just wishing that a guy would come up and ask them out. I say go for it, hey it's highschool, it's fun, take chances.
    Is there anyone outside highschool you could possibly date? Anyway I suggest you look further, surely there's a nice single girl there somewhere who's up to your standard. Good luck, but trust me, it can happen, it happened to me. I used to be a shy wallflower, tall, funny-looking .. but everything changed. You can do it!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if you're tired of being single. you're going to have to take the inititive to actually go out and look for a girl. yes one day one girl might stuble across you and fall in love with your personally but it seems that you're not realy willing to wait that long. however, you might want to try checking out the clubs or various other places that you hang out at. you don't have to be confided to your school, but a helpful thing is if you meet a girl from a friend of yours. that always makes it easier. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...