+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to rebuild a relationship back with an ex of 3yrs back.

how to rebuild a relationship back with an ex of 3yrs back.

please "NO" questions why or what happened, only suggestions, advise, and tips only.
    help hook a brotha back up with his gf of 3yrs.

hey im kinda in the same boat on this one. ive been trying to get back with my ex that i went out with for 2 years. so far what ive learned is to be patient and give it time. thats the best thing i have found to do. ask to hang out sometimes and try and get more comfortable with each other again. i might need to know how long you guys have been broken up and if you have been speaking since. another helpful thing would be to know if you are shy. im giving you advice from a shy persons perspective. so far ive learned if you go with the flow give it time and be yourself things should run smoothly. she will notice how much she misses who you are. things to look out for is to see if she gets jealous when you talk about other girls or when other girls look at you. or if she constantly flirts with you thats another way to know. i really do wish you luck on this and hope that this works out for you because im in the process of this right now and it is so hard.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kinda hard to give advice on that without knowing the back story, honestly. I mean, suggestions for getting someone back are almost entirely based on your history together, and if it was crap I'd give you totally different advice.

Let's assume it was all friendly and your relationship was great and you just couldn't be together because of something beyond your control. I would say then just be in regular friendly contact and try to rekindle a friendship. Once you've established a level where you can speak openly, only then can you tell her your feelings. If you just come right out with 'I want you back' it's going to freak her the hell out and she'll throw up walls. Getting a previous relationship back is hard for a reason and it takes patience if it's what you really want. Can't force it. You also have to go into it being okay if it doesn't work out how you want.

If it was a crap relationship or it ended poorly my advice is to get over it, it won't happen. People don't get back together with people that screwed them over unless they're completely insecure and/or desperate.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I agree with the last post - however it depends on how much you have changed. I've been single for nearly two years my partner found someone quite quickly ive been single but ive had an amazing time. I've changed as a person and I would not want my ex back. So you need to understand what were the real reasons you finished in the first place.

"I will never regret him, or say that I wish I never met him, because once upon a time, He was exactly what I was looking for."

Good luck
    Break ups aren't always meant for make ups. Sometimes relationships end in order for you to wake up.