+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do guys like tomboys?

Do guys like tomboys?

When I say tomboy, that does not mean she dresses bad or looks like a dude. She can still have feminine mannerisms and wear well-fitted clothes and makeup. Perhaps owns more pairs of chuck taylors than high heels, but still takes care that her appearance has a degree of femininity to it. Anyway, when it comes to personality, where does a girl who's "one of the guys" stand on the date-ability scale? A girl who hangs out primarily with guy friends, makes jokes, isn't afraid of un-ladylike subjects, and plays video games or guitar or watches sports instead of spending her free time painting her nails or having girls' nights out or whatever girly hobbies girly-girls do.

I've been hearing quite a bit that guys prefer girly-girls to tomboys when it comes to relationships, and that tomboy girls are stuck forever in the friendzone, even hot ones. Which really doesn't make sense to me, because wouldn't you prefer to date a girl who wants to kick back and have beers with you and your friends rather than drag you to the mall? It can't be fun to have hardly any common interests with the person you're with.

Or is there some kind of law of attraction where you want her to be different from you in that way? Help me out here, fellas.
    Last edited by jennifer.c; 07-01-13 at 04:42 PM.

Every guy is different. I prefer tomboys since they are not afraid to break a nail. :-)

If there is mutual attraction.. then its just a matter of time before you get intimate..

If there is mutual attraction with a specific guy you would like to get to know more of... seperate him from the group of guys.. spend time with only him. Most men are afraid to show their feminine side around other men.. so your best bet is to hang out with that one guy only.

So long you are not planning to put on a strap-on and stick it where the sun don't shine

From your "slut" thread, it doesn't sound like you have any problem attracting boys at all ??

Some do, some don't. My wife usually doesn't wear makeup, and she does wear jeans and chucks a lot. I like her that way. OTOH, my best friends' wife is the complete opposite - that's how he likes 'em.

Guys who like tomgirls are slightly homosexual. Most guys are trending towards liking girls who defy the gender conventions set out for women, though. So it seems guys are getting more faggotish by the day..So yes, guys do like tom girls/
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 08-01-13 at 04:20 AM.

girls like that often have been abuse, bad childhood, or they use tomboy as a kind of protection,males in the family where losers,etc.

i think once they find a dude that is different and good for them and their match that shows them real love
    they may heal from some stuff and see that they dont have too be like that.

Fruitss has a good, semi-legible point.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Guys who like tomgirls are slightly homosexual. Most guys are trending towards liking guys who defy the gender conventions set out for women, though. So it seems guys are getting more faggotish by the day..So yes, guys do like tom girls/
    Homosexuals aren't attracted to vaginas. Whats with all the hate?

He's never seen one, he knows he probably never will. No woman in her right might would give "him" a tumble.

You've just described me. I'm wearing a dress at present and I enjoy sewing. I also I love watching V8 supercars, my car is manual transmission and my nails are chewed off. I used to hang out with guys mostly, but that always led to someone feeling more than friendship, so I've switched to hanging out with girls instead. It's much more simple.

I never had a problem finding a guy who was interested in me.

My daughter plays guitar. I didn't know this was considered a masculine persuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Consistency View Post
    Homosexuals aren't attracted to vaginas. Whats with all the hate?
    Guys in general are getting more faggot-like which means a buncha soft pansy, emo-music indie hipster douchebags are dictating American youth culture. Obnoxious faggot shit.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 08-01-13 at 04:37 AM.

If you have a feminine figure and clearly feminine facial features, I don't think men would find it difficult to be attracted to a "tomboy". It would come down to a question of taste, as with most other things in life.

But if you have an androgynous look by nature, and chose a masculine style on top of that, then I suspect most men would find you too, well, manly..

But, why are you asking? Are you a tomboy yourself? I am sure you have some experience with how men percieve you?

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Guys in general are getting more faggot-like which means a buncha soft pansy, emo-music indie hipster douchebags are dictating American youth culture. Obnocious faggot shit.
    You mean spineless. The result of overbearing single moms and lack of minerals in the diet from the lack of intake of edible leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    But, why are you asking? Are you a tomboy yourself? I am sure you have some experience with how men percieve you?
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post

From your "slut" thread, it doesn't sound like you have any problem attracting boys at all ??

I know, you're right, and I don't have any problem getting guys attracted, and yeah I am a tomboy. I was really just asking about long-term relationships, because my luck with those has not been great, haha. In fact, the random claim I heard that sort of prompted this whole thing was that the tomboy girls are fair game for hookups but not relationships. So yeah. I understand the confusion though

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You've just described me. I'm wearing a dress at present and I enjoy sewing. I also I love watching V8 supercars, my car is manual transmission and my nails are chewed off. I used to hang out with guys mostly, but that always led to someone feeling more than friendship, so I've switched to hanging out with girls instead. It's much more simple.

I never had a problem finding a guy who was interested in me.

My daughter plays guitar. I didn't know this was considered a masculine persuit.
    That is quite a lot like me, and my friendships with guys have often led to more. Not anything lasting, hence the thread, but I might just be having bad luck.

As for guitar, I guess it isn't by nature. But I play myself and I'm always hearing that female guitarists usually suck and just strum basic chords (not true!). Anytime there's a female guitarist in a band everyone feels like they need to point it out, like, "wow, a girl who can play!" :-P
    Last edited by jennifer.c; 08-01-13 at 06:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast