+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Kentucky Fried Brain? Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicke

Kentucky Fried Brain? Student's horror as he finds 'wrinkled' organ inside his chicke

Name:  article-0-16C6CD97000005DC-556_634x427.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  52.0 KB

A student who found what appeared to be a chicken brain in his KFC meal has vowed never to eat there again - despite being offered vouchers for free food as an apology.

Ibrahim Langoo was left nauseated after spotting a 'wrinkled brain' inside a piece of chicken while tucking into a Gladiator box meal at a branch in Colchester, Essex.

The 19-year-old took a photograph of the three-inch piece of offal - later judged to be a kidney by KFC's experts - on his mobile phone and complained to staff.

e was so repulsed by the stomach-churning discovery he vowed never to eat at the Colonel's famous diner again, but apologetic bosses nevertheless offered him vouchers for free meals.

Mr Langoo and friend Laura Canning, 19, had popped into the Colchester, Essex branch of the fast food restaurant - known for its 'Finger Lickin' Good' slogan - for lunch between classes.

The pair - both musical theatre students at Colchester Institute - shared a £6.79 Gladiator box meal.

Miss Canning ate the fillet burger, while Mr Langoo went for the two chicken pieces.

'The first piece was absolutely fine - I was hungry and polished it off,' Mr Langoo said.

'I have a habit of picking the chicken off the bone with my fingers, and as I pulled the second piece apart I saw this horrible wrinkled foreign body.

'I threw it down onto my tray immediately. It looked like a brain.

'I suddenly felt grim and really sick.

'I couldn't bring myself to pick the lump up so I went to the serving counter to complain.

'It was about 1pm and pretty hectic in the restaurant and as it was so busy none of the staff helped me.'

Repulsed, Mr Langoo left the takeaway and later submitted a complaint online, along with a photo of the organ taken on his mobile phone.

'I didn't want to pick the "brain" up as I couldn't bear to look at it,' Mr Langoo said. 'I was grossed out by the fact that I could so easily have eaten it without realising.

'I just wanted to get out of KFC as quickly as I could. I still feel really sick and disgusted by it all now.

'KFC say they are sorry and are concerned to hear of my experience as they have "rigorous standards" but I'm still not impressed.

'I never want to eat KFC again - in Colchester or anywhere else. I'll eat chicken at home, where I can see how it's been prepared.'

Experts at KFC have examined the photograph and believe the unsightly organ was a chicken kidney.

A spokesman for the firm said: 'We always try to ensure the highest standards in all of our restaurants.

'Although we haven't received the product, it appears from a photograph that unfortunately on this occasion a kidney, and not a brain as claimed, was not removed in the preparation process.

'We're very sorry about Mr Langoo's experience and while there was no health risk, we agree it was unsightly.

'We will be carrying out a full investigation and providing him with a gesture of goodwill.'

KFC refused to disclose the amount of vouchers that could be available.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257951/Kentucky-Fried-Brain-Students-horror-finds-wrinkled-organ-inside-chicken-KFC-experts-insist-just-kidney.html
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Chicken brain doesn't look like that. Used to dissect them (eww, I know). But kidneys don't look like that either, unless they are infected. Gross, either way. I don't eat Kentucky-Yucky.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Only KFC seems to regularly have issues like this...I should probably stop going for the chicken pot pie, come to think of it..

That looks gross. I doubt that I would be able to look at KFC the same again.

Pfft. A bit of offal never killed anyone. Spoiled first world complaint. There are places in the world where food is so precious that the whole beast is used.

I admit that I hate liver, but it's not gonna kill me. Do like lambs brains on occasion...breaded and fried in garlic butter. And I love a good steak and kidney pie.

Oh, and my son loves KFC, and I have to confess a secret love of their Hot n Spicy chicken. Do they serve that in other countries?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Only KFC seems to regularly have issues like this...I should probably stop going for the chicken pot pie, come to think of it..
    We don't have the chicken pot pie. I bet they'd go down well here in Oz. We love a good savoury pie
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

How'd he know it was an organ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Alucard View Post
    How'd he know it was an organ?
    Have you never seen internal organs?