+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Seeking for advices to boast my courage.

Seeking for advices to boast my courage.

Hi, so this will my first post in a forum. So, practically, I first met this girl in my University and she's doing her foundation and I am doing my degree. After that, I saw her once in the cafeteria and once in the library. Somehow, I am sure she's the one I am looking for after all these years. Well, yes, I had fallen in love a couple of times with different girls, and gotten into a puppy love once when I was in Form 5, but I have never been so excited and sure about a girl. I added her on Facebook due to a dumb advise by a guy friend, and she ignore my request so far. I am a very shy guy, but after falling for her, I felt confident for once and am ready to go and introduce myself to her and get her number. Currently I am waiting for the right moment.

I have been rehearsing the scenario for a few times(I know it sounds silly but I need to make myself be brave as I have never done this before :/). As she often hangs around with her group of girlfriends, so, here's what I am going to tell her:

"Erm.. Excuse me. Hi! I was wondering I could borrow your friend here(point at her) for just few minutes, I promise to return her safely to you girls later. Just a short one two minutes, please?"(Smiling to the group)

And when the rest of the girls give us some free time, I would say:

"Hi. I hope I am not scaring you, because it's my first time also, but I told myself if I missed this chance to know a pretty girl like you, I will regret. So, I was wondering if you can give me a chance to know you. My name is ____. (Hold my hand out to her and wait for her response) I wish to stay around and chat with you, but I promise your friends I only occupied you for a couple of minutes, so do you mind giving me your contact number so we can keep in touch?" (Smile to her)

So is this appropriate? If you are her, what will you feel and what will be your response? I hope you can help me with this so I roughly can have a mental preparation no matter its a rejection or a success.

Thanks!

I think it's a good idea to approach her and ask her out, and the way you described seems cute to me. If she likes you, she'll appreciate your effort and accept your offer. Maybe the reason she didn't accept your friend request on facebook is because she isn't comfortable adding random strangers (which is understandable), so approaching her directly in "real life" seems like the better option.

However: you cannot possibly be "in love" with a person you don't even know. You cannot possibly know whether she's "the one you've been waiting for". Don't let her know that this is what you actually believe, because it's very creepy and reeks of desperation and loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I think it's a good idea to approach her and ask her out, and the way you described seems cute to me. If she likes you, she'll appreciate your effort and accept your offer. Maybe the reason she didn't accept your friend request on facebook is because she isn't comfortable adding random strangers (which is understandable), so approaching her directly in "real life" seems like the better option.

However: you cannot possibly be "in love" with a person you don't even know. You cannot possibly know whether she's "the one you've been waiting for". Don't let her know that this is what you actually believe, because it's very creepy and reeks of desperation and loneliness.
    I am not sure she's interested in me or not. I don't think she has the slightest idea who the hell am I. Lol. Okay, maybe 'in love' is a bit too exaggerated. Haha. Thanks for your advice.

Well you can't know if she's interested in you until you actually approach her and ask her our . Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Well you can't know if she's interested in you until you actually approach her and ask her our . Good luck!
    That's true. Haha. Thanks!

She could either be interested or spray you with pepper spray

Sounds a little creepy to me....just say hello and introduce yourself and let it go from there. I wouldn't ask her for something so personal straight off(her number). Let to get to know you a little.....ad some mystery but making the first contact short. She'll be wondering all week who that guy is.
    Last edited by surfhb2; 20-01-13 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    She could either be interested or spray you with pepper spray

Sounds a little creepy to me....just say hello and introduce yourself and let it go from there. I wouldn't ask her for something so personal straight off(her number). Let to get to know you a little.....ad some mystery but making the first contact short. She'll be wondering all week who that guy is.
    Hmm.. Okay.. Will think about it. Thanks

Let us know how it goes..!