+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What did I do wrong?

What did I do wrong?

Recently I met s guy on a dating website. His profile seemed genuine and said he was looking for a longterm relationship and he seemed like a nce guy. After a couple of weeks we started sleeping together and he kept saying he really likes me and lets see where it goes. BUT he continued searching on the dating site! One of my co woekers told me he is always on there. so...I text him and tild him I didn't appreciate that andif he is slerping wirh me until he finds someone better he can go to hell and I deserve better rhan to be treated like that. His response was Ok bye. WTF??!! Aft er 2 months of sleeping together what kind of a response is that? And why did he string me along?!

yeah, sorry bout that. nvm

You just sent a breakup text which included telling him to go to hell. How was he supposed to respond?
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 22-01-13 at 01:23 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Oh do its okay that he used me? Was I supposed to say thank you? And when I told him to go to hell a "Sorry I never meant to hurt you" would have been the human thing to do. Silence never solves anything.

I would give a very different response if you'd approached him to try and seek clarity or direction or understanding.

But as you simply sent an abusive dumping text, there's nothing to 'solve'. He's accepted you ending the relationship and doesn't care to discuss it further. Once you've ended the relationship, he owes you nothing.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by cindymae View Post
    Oh do its okay that he used me? Was I supposed to say thank you? And when I told him to go to hell a "Sorry I never meant to hurt you" would have been the human thing to do. Silence never solves anything.
    You were not forced to sleep with him at gunpoint were you? So take some responsibility for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cindymae View Post
    You can't rape the willing Cindy. Guys on dating websites are frequently just looking for a lay. I remember when I used to date online, I was looking long term, but if I found someone who would give it up in no time at all, then I would take what I could get and see where it went. If it went nowhere, oh well, there were many more women on the site.

I didn't delete my profile until I had been with my current girlfriend for 2 months, the time we discussed going exclusive. The fact you found him on the site means you were probably still on there too. Online chicks can be crazy, so keeping the profile alive is fine until you decide to officially date.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

And just because he seemed to be logged on doesn't mean he was. You fuucked up

It's pretty obvious what happened. You told him you deserve to be treated better, he didn't agree, and went on about his way. If you have some expectation being met before you have sex with someone, then don't have sex until it is met...but don't bitch if guy drop you for it.