+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I invite her for lunch?

Should I invite her for lunch?

Hi everyone, I’m new here and I’d appreciate some advice on this one. Here's the background:

A month ago I was at this store’s checkout line and I saw this really attractive cashier, I could tell she wasn't from here because of her accent. So when it was my turn, I asked her where she was from and I told her that I had a friend from her country(I really did -- I even told her a few words in her native language that I had learned from my friend) she laughed and was surprised that I knew about her country. Then I asked what she was doing here and she told me she was going to college and working part time, I couldn't stay talking to her much longer because there were people behind me waiting in line.

A week later I was at the store again and I went through her checkout line, I said hi and told her that I remembered her from last week, she said that she remembered me too, but since there's always people in line, I couldn’t talk for long. Now I was starting to think more often about her.

A few days later I went through her checkout line again, I asked her about her classes, what was she studying, just quick chit-chat, but then people started lining up again and I had to leave.

I think I've talked to her 3-4 times for like 5 min in total! By now I’m pretty sure she remembers me by sight. So since this is kind of an awkward situation(checkout line/work) to flirt or strike a longer conversation, I was planning to invite her to have lunch with me the next time I see her. I'm afraid that since we don't know each other that well it will seem too soon… and that if I waited a little longer to talk to her a few more times maybe it would improve my chances. But then again it’s hard to talk longer to her while she’s at work!

Unfortunately I don't have the time to hang around the store and wait until she's "free" from a line of costumers to talk to her(it's a big Super Walmart kind of store). I also noticed that her schedule is not consistent. Besides I also have no idea if she has a boyfriend or not!

So should I invite her for lunch or am I doing it too soon and hurting my chances of getting a “yes” once I know her better? But how can I get to know her better if the only place I can meet her is at her work? This is kind of a catch-22 situation! LOL Anyway I’m expecting a big fat “NO”, this at least will put me out of my misery of not knowing if I had a chance with her or not!

Thanks for reading and giving any advice! I suck at the dating game! LOL

Inviting her for lunch isn't a declaration of love, it's just a nice civilised way of getting to know someone better. So just ask her. What do you have to lose?

Mark, my man, ask her to lunch already...jeez lol