+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to stop this cycle?

How to stop this cycle?

This is me in a nutshell:
    -I give good pieces of advice, but I'm too lazy to follow them myself
    -I'm too lazy to do anything, feeling guilty and panicking about the future, ending up feeling powerless. This has turned into a cycle, and I want to put and end to it...
    -I'm extremely insecure and I lack confidence...

I need some advice on how to overcome these obstacles, because it is taking its toll on my life

I feel your pain. I was much like you. One of the main things I can tell you is in life you have many choices, do you choose to see the possibilities or the problems? Sounds like the latter in your case. I was bogged down by low self esteem, and everything that goes with it. I had to get real with myself and change the way I was. I researched and researched, and most importantly, I acted! Now I'm a very different person. I'm still a work in progress, but there has been progress, much progress. Again, I feel your pain. One of the best resources I found that did wonders for me is reading. I learned how to change myself by reading. I was determined to change. Now, I love the person I'm becoming. So, my advice to you, if you really want to change is first find out how, then act on what you learn. If you want some guidance check out, http://goo.gl/0uVyB . I found it very helpful. Good luck on your journey.
    As a man thinketh, so is he.

write down your advice. keep the paper always with you for a week and follow it. change the paper-your advice every week.

too lazy - take up 1 thing. let it be small . do it. then take a little bigger thing form your previous thing. do it. follow the pattern without thinking much.

success is standing just one more time than you fall.

If you are very low in confidence/self esteem-you need to do something about that now. Id recommend some counselling to help you to love yourself for who you are. Its important to know your own self worth so you can set your standards high in love.

It also also important to have confidence in yourself so when you do find someone special you wont take them for granted.]

Insecure people normally treat their partner badly or else get treated badly and put up with it so work on that