+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Almost a year since girlfriend kissed another man, still havn't forgive or fogot

Almost a year since girlfriend kissed another man, still havn't forgive or fogot

Well, can't believe i'm here saying this, girl is driving me crazy.

So, 10 months ago now, my girlfriend (at the time) went alone to a work event i couldn't go to, she spoke to this guy for a couple hours, he worked in same company as her, he kissed her, she responded by kissing him back, it lasted 10-20 seconds and she says she pulled off it, gave a uncontrollable guilt smile and went indoors without saying a word, he approached her an hour later asking to go to his for sex, which her response was no.

Now, it's 10 months ago, i still wake up every morning her picturing her kissing this total t**t of a man, i dumped her as soon as i found out, however, i'vebeen seeing her, taken couple weekend breaks with her, and as much as i hate to admit it, we've become 10x closer than we ever was.
    But no matter how close we come, i still can't forgive her, still can't shake the picture of her, the only girl for me, kissing someone else.

I know on her side of the story she didnt throw herself onto him, she went back with friends as soon as she kissed him and never spoke a word, and importantly has since left this guys company in order to try restore a relationship with me.

My head is totally f**ked, i've tried binning her, tried going out meeting new woman, but can't she is the only one i want to be with, going a day without talking to her seems about 100 hours long.

I know, before you say it, im pathetic for latching onto such a small thing. But it bruised my ego, and i am so angry at it.

So my question is, will my mind EVER get over this?? Will it still be hurting in a year from now? I just want to move on from it, and have a life with this girl.
    Where does my constant anger and visions of the kiss come from? whats wrong with me.

You are experiencing repetitive thinking. This is very destructive and can mess you up. I have experienced this most of my life, and it is very harmful. The only way to get past it is via counseling (therapy) and a little medication. Helps a lot. The therapist will help you unravel the thought process, and make "excuses" in your mind so things can be processed easier. For example, since you were not at the event, what if you found out that your girlfriend was slightly tipsy, and she actually hated that kiss? What if you found out that the guy was a lame-ass, and your GF felt sorry for him? These scenarios could possibly (and even likely) happen. It's all in your head, so you can think of them however you want. You decide what actually happened, since it was in the past, and can't affect you today. Add a little medication to help calm you down, and you should be on your way to being happy again. Take your girl to therapy with you. Trust me, my situation was worst than yours, but I learned to cope....eventually.