+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could really use some honest opinions right now, thank you

Could really use some honest opinions right now, thank you

Ok soooo heres my situation that has led me to this site. Theres this girl who I have a long history with, we talk pretty much everyday sometimes about nothing, other times she will come to me when she is having a bad day just to vent and what not, and the odd time the conversation becomes more serious (i mean feeling stuff). She knows how I feel about her, I made sure that I was very clear on that with her. She has told me how much I mean to her and that I'm very important to her ect.. but I can't just be friends with her anymore, and I've told her that. But when I have told her that we should just part ways and say our goodbyes she gets all upset and tells me that if i left she would be devastated, then she found out I was going away for a few weeks she was about to cry, she also told me that no one could replace the way my eyes can look deep down in to her heart and soul. But I cant help but feel like I should just say my goodbye even though its a hard thing to do, it feels like it might be for the best. I would give anything to be with her, but I'm honestly just so confused about what to do. she says she doesn't want to lose me but she wont be with me.

goodolboy, she's being very selfish. Of course you need to distance yourself in order to get your feelings back in check. You're not going to lose this love if you're with her constantly.

Honestly, if she does this crying thing again, I'd suggest to her that she IS being selfish. Ask if she thinks it's fair to you that you're continuing as a 'friend' when you don't have friendship feelings for her. Suggest that these tears are perhaps emotional manipulation designed to guilt you into being her friend instead of giving you space to get over her.

Instead of being so considerate of her needs, it's time for her to be considerate of your needs.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You've been a free shrink to her and she doesn't want to lose that. She doesn't want u as a lover but she wants you as just the way you've been. Tell her to be vent to a shrink, that's their job. For u, you're just a boy looking for love. Go look elsewhere, she is tying u down

You are the friend. Friend-zone. Why would you let her treat you like this?

didn't you post this already in the ask a female section? I could have sworn I replied to it there