+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I just crazy and insecure?

Am I just crazy and insecure?

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice and help me out with my relationship. I'm 25 and this is my first exclusive relationship (6 months) and it's bringing up a bunch of insecurities I've never had to deal with before.

When my girlfriend and I are together, nothing could be better and it is amazing. However, when we aren't together I've been having a really rough time. Each of the following issues really plays on some insecurities I never knew I had.

1) We only get to hang out at most twice a week and this is less then I would like. She is always busy and she lives about 45 minutes away. I am self employed so I can basically be free at any time but I can only see my girlfriend when she is not busy and I have no say in when when we hang out. I really miss her when I don't see her and I just have to wait until she is free until I can see her again. It's kinda torturous at times for me but it doesn't seem bother her if we go a week without seeing each other.

Do you think this is a big issue? I really hate that I can't see her more but it doesn't bother her.

2) She lives at home with her parents but it's been 6 months and she still hasn't told them she is seeing someone. Her family is religious and do a lot of stuff together. I've asked her if she is going to tell them but she says that she wants to someday but can't find the right time.

Is this something that should bother me?

3) One of her close friends is a guy and they have had sex before. When she first told me I didn't know how to react and I didn't handle it well. I came to terms with it and it doesn't bother me at all. However, she consistently avoided me meeting him for 6 months and it really bothered me that she went out of her way to avoid me meeting him.
    Not only that but now my girlfriend and her best female friend and this guy organised to go overseas together. The other two are single and they needed a forth person to go so he invited his friend. So my girlfriend is overseas right now for 3 weeks with her best chick friend, a guy that she has slept with who I haven't met and some random guy she didn't know. It hurt me that I wasn't invited and that they are all going out together partying and traveling.

They are overseas at the moment and it has been really hard for me. Is this a normal situation? Should I be feeling jealous at all?

4) She has only invited me out once in 6 months to go to an event or something with her. She has a lot of events with her family which I understand why she doesn't invite me but also she didn't want to invite me out with her friends because the guy above would be there too. She comes to places I'm going with me and she gets along really well with my family and friends too but she never seems to invite me out anywhere with her. When she goes out with her friends she doesn't message me unless I message her and it's strange because most girls I've been with love to text and say nice things when they are drunk.

So yeah, there are some major mental issues and I have no idea if I'm completely crazy or if other guys would feel kinda the same. I understand that different people want different levels of intimacy but I am much more affectionate than her and I feel like I have lost my manly-ness. This stuff is on my mind all the time and it is has been really bringing me down.
    Last edited by Achuuuu; 27-01-13 at 05:41 AM.