+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I handle the situation with this girl?

How should I handle the situation with this girl?

So, there is this girl I've known for a long time and we just started hanging out again lately. The problem is she's the ex of one of my friends and I'm the ex of her best friend (She dumped my friend and I got dumped by her best friend) (2-3 years ago). One thing leading to another, on a night involving alcohol, she invites me to her house and we start making out for a while. Before things go any further, she stops me and tell me she needs time to think about it, that she can't do this to her best friend, that she doesn't want this to be a one night stand, and that she wanted a relationship. I verbally agreed with her on that point. Since that night last week, she barely texts me anymore when she used to text me easily 3-4 days a week and when she answers my rare texts (1 or 2 this week), she keeps the answers short and without any opening for a conversation. She also seems to wait around 1-2 hours before answering while I know she has her phone on her all the time. I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole thing at first but I kinda like the girl and I need advice on how to go with this.
    Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

Maybe she thought about it and realized she felt bad doing that to her friend... it gets tricky when one of your friends dated someone, it depends on the person but most girls wouldn't be ok with their friend dating one of their exes. I know I wouldn't be!

Me personally don't care if any of my friends dated any of my exes ( and they have)....dude that shit happened 2-3 years ago...that's ancient history, everyone has moved on since then. If she really liked you, she wouldn't care what her friend thought. It was the alcohol talking that night....girl+alcohol=instant slut.

You got rejected, take your lumps and move on.

Agree with Smackie. Just think, if she'd have had just another couple of drinks you would have got to play hide the sausage. But she was just sober enough to think 'oh no, not with him'.
    Game over.

I'm also agree with ashley and smackie its really bad if one of my friend do this kind of things with me.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyjoseph View Post
    I'm also agree with ashley and smackie its really bad if one of my friend do this kind of things with me.
    No you agree with Ashley not me.

Their relationship ended 3 years ago...I don't think she was worried about what her friend would think...she just used that as an excuse to get out of her situation.

yeah, that's one of those areas that's like, eating a plate of food with someone else's spoon,ya know. "Sloppy seconds" comes to mind, but in a more refined aspect. Listen, there are far too many women out there to be trying to catch a fish that has already be caught by another man, and let loose. Why don't you try fishing from the other side of the bank, and maybe score a better catch.

Here's what is likely to happen, after you DO get to score, if you were ever going to, in the first place. You'd get your moment of pleasure and move on, anyway..because dating someone else's ex..is just too close for comfort.