+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is She Into Me or is just being friendly?

Is She Into Me or is just being friendly?

I would like to first start out by saying that i started this new job 6 months ago. On my second shift, i worked with this one girl who we just talked to pass the time. We work in customer service so it's pretty dead when there are no customers around. So to pass the time, we talk, just to pass the time.

Ever since then, she is the only one at work i can be comfortable around since we have a good bond going on. Nothing flirtatious (that i can think off) so we are always talking to each other and i always joke around with her. So with that like i said, we have created a good work bond. But one day i asked her that i asked some girl out and i wanted an idea where to take this girl at. She recommended a coffee shop. She quickly asks me where i met her and if i like her. I told not sure since my buddy set me up on a blind date.

So a few days go by. I go to work. It's me and her working again. Expect we both have the late shift. So we are the last ones one to leave for the night. Before our shift is over she asks me "oh how was your date?" I told her there was no chemistry between me and the date. As soon as i say that she doesn't attempt to hide her smile. I didn't think nothing of it.

But ever since then, i noticed a few things from her.

1) She constantly asks me question such as

A) What music i like
    B) Where i was born
    C) What stuff i am into

2) She makes fun of me sometimes and i make fun of her in return. But in a good way. I don't diss her badly.

3) She can't stop smiling at me when she talks to me.

4) She recommends music to me. I go home to listen to it. I tell her the next time i see her what i think about the music. She Smiles even more and tells me to look up other artists.

5) She twirls her hair now. She hasn't done that before.

6) We played a game of pictionary one day. I was trying to guess what it was. Another worker came by and got in the game. I couldn't see her drawing so I got way to close to her to see (arms touching) and she didn't even bother to move away

7) Before the end of our shift. She came over to my area and just lingered there texting on her cell phone. Then she finally looked up smiled and recommended more music artists.

8) She suddenly surprised me by being behind me and i don't notice until i turn around. I jump because i don't expect her to be there. I ask her how long she has been there. She says "quite a while."

9) She gets close to me enough for me to smell her perfume. Quite lovely i might add.

10) One day i was staring out into space when it was dead. When i came back to reality she was looking at me and when she realized that i came back from my space adventure she quickly looked away.

That is basically it. There is no shyness between us because we always talk to each other. Because of the work bond i mentioned before.

But is she into me or is she just being buddy buddy?

How does she act with the other men in the workplace?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

From what i seen. She is very professional with them. She goofs around a bit and helps out anybody who needs help.

You going out on a date with someone else brought up your value with her, but that means nothing. If you can't feel comfortable around other co-workers, and you have to ask strangers if this girl is showing signs of interest, this tells me you have some kind of anxiety, not very good with girls or lack experience. A guy with confidence would automatically ask a girl out if he has an interest in her without a second thought. I'm sure you have made the mistake before thinking if a girl is nice to you she must be interested, and it back fired on you. Now you hesitate to make that mistake again. I don't recommend dating anyone you work with. If she rejects you, you will feel embarrassed and then things will get awkward and she will avoid talking to you as much. If you do go out a few times, and then doesn't want to see you again, then you will be heart broken and stuck seeing her at work, and see her chatting up and flirting with the new guy. It makes for a hostile workplace.

Never use work as a dating pool. You are better off relying on meeting girls through friends.

I think the more important questions is "Do you like her?". I am assuming that is the case otherwise you wouldn't spend time writing all that. While I do agree that dating in the "work zone" isn't a great a idea, but I have a feeling you both won't be there for a long time. From what you tell me, it seems that she does like you. If you like her, go for it.

As of now. Yeah i do like her. I didn't before. But we talk way too much and we are so comfortable with each other. SO to answer your question. Yes i do.

This kind of thing happens all the time in the workplace all the time...."The Mermaid Theory"

A theory that a woman, no matter how ugly she may seem at first, will eventually look beautiful to you if you see her every day all day.

A How I Met Your Mother reference. Kudos to you sir.

Well, what do you think she's getting at? Sounds to me as though she's trying everything she can, to show you some interest. Listen, I know some of us don't fall into subtleties, but this behavior on her part, is pretty clear, to any audience, that she's open to some sort of reciprocation on your part. Don't wait until she's out of clues to give, to decide to make a move(respectfully), Time waits for no man; experienced or not. GO!!

I'm no expert but the responses you've gotten raises very good points. However, I wouldn't let the fact that just because you work with someone that you shouldn't date them stop you from dating them. If you truly like a girl and let that reason stop you from asking her out then how do you know that she isn't the "one". You would have just thrown the most perfect fish you've ever caught back into the ocean. If you do end up breaking up and things get awkward at the workplace then let it be. At least you had the confidence to try out the relationship and see if she was the "one". Life's too short to just wait for the "one", you've got to be actively seeking for the "one". If one doesn't work out, next. There are plenty of other girls, you've just got to meet them.

But in response to your initial post, her body language clearly shows that she's interested. Unless she does the same to other guys then I'm pretty sure she's into you. The signs are there! She constantly stares at you and smiles, gets very close to you AND she twirls her hair when she's with you, which is an indication that she's attracted to you. Now, you've said that you like her, so I don't see why you haven't asked her out yet. Are you too shy? Low confidence? Past experience has put you down? You need to get some confidence and plus the girl is probably too shy to ask you out, so you, as the man, should ask her out.

This was ove a week ago I'm sure he has asked her out already.