+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Slept with a guy a few months ago. Now he's suddenly reaching out. Why?

Slept with a guy a few months ago. Now he's suddenly reaching out. Why?

Hey y'all.
    So i'll try to keep this as short as possible.
    I slept with a guy maybe 4 months ago. Once. We didn't keep in touch after that night.
    Two days ago, he texted me asking what I was doing. I was surprised that he even had my number.
    I later found out that he asked a friend of mine for it.

Now we've been texting back and forth. He's being really nice and all. Not asking me to come over. That's the weird part. I assumed he wanted to sleep with me again but he hasn't even touched that subject.

Sooo... What does he want? I'm into him and could really see myself dating him.
    The last thing I want, is to scare him off. What should and shouldn't I do?

Thanks to all the men that are reading this and giving me advice.

Perhaps he wants another shag? I'm a man and the only advice I can give is how the hell should I know what he's after? Why not ask him?

Why not ask him? Be direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Perhaps he wants another shag? I'm a man and the only advice I can give is how the hell should I know what he's after? Why not ask him?
    This is exactly what I was thinking. When lonely and horny, you go where you need to in order to get some fun.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I would agree with the others that he probably wants to keep hooking up. He probably hasn't brought up coming over because he doesn't want to appear like he just wants sex when the reality of the situation is that he most likely does. A lot of guys are like that... I think it's because they feel like if they are direct and just say "let's have sex" the girl will get offended, so they pretend to care when they really just want to get it in. Just my experience with most guys... LOL

You needn't ask him whats up.. It's obvious: If after having sex, he didn't even call the next day and hasn't spoken to you in 4 months, I'm surprised that you even bothered to respond to his crumbs. Deary, if he wanted more than another shag, he would have asked you out to dinner or at the very least, a freaking cup of coffee. If you want to have sex then just ask him for some. If you want a relationship or someone who will take you to something other than your bedroom, forget him.

Alright, so just ask him? I'm afraid that that will offend him. What's a nice way to ask what the hell he wants from me?

So now we've been texting for 3 days. The topics have been work, travels, sports etc.
    I was in his town last night but he didn't ask me to come over.

Is a relationship really out of the picture?

Keep in mind that I didn't talk to him either after we slept together.
    It wasn't just up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by charlodixon View Post
    Keep in mind that I didn't talk to him either after we slept together.
    It wasn't just up to him.
    If he wanted to have a relationship with you, he would have made it up to him. After four months of NC, I would have ignored him. He didn't and he doesn't value you much or this would never have been left for four months.

If you just want re-do, then just say: want to get together at my place tomorrow night (or whenever.) If you want more, then steer him away from the bedroom and invite him out for drinks, a light dinner or whatever is your idea of fun. See what he says...
    Last edited by Wakeup; 28-01-13 at 07:02 AM. Reason: deleted for sentence structure.

Quote Originally Posted by charlodixon View Post
    Alright, so just ask him? I'm afraid that that will offend him. What's a nice way to ask what the hell he wants from me?
    try this. say: wanna f*ck? if he answers yes right away, there you go. I agree with Wakeup, I think if he wanted a relationship he would have tried to contact you a lot sooner than 4 months later