+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unique situation

Unique situation

Hello everyone,
    This is my first time on this forum. I am wondering how to proceed here. Many years ago I did quite a bit of online dating ( 10 yrs. ago) and I dated many men but I was more interested in the instant chemistry and I have to admit I was very picky. I often did not go on a second date and I hurt a lot of men's feelings. Of course I am sure they all got over it..LOL

I did end up having a 5 yr. relationship with someone but that ended over a year ago. I am ready and willing to try to meet my soul mate now. I look at men completely different. My children are grown and I have the time to invest in something real.

One of the men I went on a date with over 10 years ago works out at my gym. He really liked me but I didn't go on a second date when he asked me years ago. He has never acknowledged me at the gym though. I did ask him a month ago if we knew each other and he introduced himself to me. So maybe he is playing it coy. Today I said hello to him and asked him how his training was going. He is working out with a private trainer. He seemed very happy to talk to me. I even flirted a little and told him I could tell the training was working for him.

Now I am pretty sure he remembers me. I have no idea if he would ever be interested in me again or if he is available. It was a long time ago when we went out. I am also almost positive he will not ask me out. I rejected him once before. Should I be a little bold and build up my confidence and ask him if he would like to meet for coffee after the gym? I see him almost every Sunday. Should I wait a bit and see if we can talk a bit more at the gym and see where it goes?

He did seem very friendly today when I said hello. Should I just forget it?

Any thoughts?

Thank-you so much,
    Diamond

why didn't you say yes last time? did you not have an instant connection? if you didn't like him enough to go on a 2nd date last time what makes you want to date him now?

I have changed quite a bit and I want different things now. I wasn't ready for a relationship the first time. I had young children. I would like the chance to get to know him better now.

He obviously likes you at least a little or he wouldn't be so friendly. Just ask him out for coffee and take your cue from his answer.

I agree with Persis, the only real way to find out is to ask him point blank. if he says yes then go on the date and see how things go, if he seems like he isn't interested then at least you'll know and you'll have your answer either way