+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this relationship doomed ?

Is this relationship doomed ?

I am 18 years old my girlfriend's 17 we first met in first year of high school we started to like each other and proceeded to date and now we've been together for 11 months.

At first it was really awesome I could feel that I really love her, and being loved back and I'm not talking about the beginning of our relationship but recently things started to get "loose" at least for me, it's just something I can't explain but I'll give you guys an example.. Her parents were leaving for a week long vacation, her mother simply asked me if I wanted to stay with her for a week, my girlfriend was really excited about this idea but I didn't like it at all, I couldn't simply refuse and say "I don't want to" as she would suspect something.. I blamed everything on my mother and said she wouldn't let me stay with her that long.. which is a lie because I didn't even ask her about it.

I can tell you one day I feel happy about our relationship but another it's just pain for me.. and there's even less of those "happy-days" also when she is asking me if anything's wrong, why are you sad ? I just blame it on something else to divert her attention, I can tell you when I met her she was chubby, but now she started gaining even more weight, I just can't stop thinking about other girls or either looking at them.. I keep thinking about new relationship more often. It's very hard for her to turn me on and even if she succeeds my erection won't last very long and I didn't have that problem with my ex. She is really into me and I don't want to hurt her feelings I don't know what to think about the whole situation.. Feel free to ask me any question..

Seems pretty clear to me. You have a few options
    1. dump her if you can't take chubby girls
    2. suck it up and don't let it bother you
    3. ask her to work out/play sports with you

Personally, it's 1 or 3 for me.

it doesn't sound like you like her a whole lot, plus you guys are so young. you're only 18, you have your whole life ahead of you to date other girls, party, have fun and decide what you really want in a relationship. don't stress out over this high school thing, especially if you already don't seem interested in her

Thanks for your answers, I appreciate it.

Break ups are hardly painless but the pain goes away.....staying in an unhappy relationship is more painful and the pain is always there. You need to be totally honest with yourself, this relationhsip is over. It ain't gonna be pretty but it has to be done. Relationships will come and go in your life. This one will end and so will the next and so on...it's just part of life and growing up.

No offense, but to me loving someone is beyond their looks. So, if you're feeling this way, I would say that you're not really in love with her, and I would end it in an easy way. If you do that, there's a good chance there won't be unnecessary drama. However, if you're blunt and call her fat, you're going to create drama.
    I'd just end it and be careful about the word love next time. But don't allow drama to infect your high school career. You're going to find someone one day who you won't even care looks like; that I can guarantee. And if I may offer a tip on your next relationship, it's better if you date outside the cesspool of your high school. There's always too much drama in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    No offense, but to me loving someone is beyond their looks. So, if you're feeling this way, I would say that you're not really in love with her, and I would end it in an easy way. If you do that, there's a good chance there won't be unnecessary drama. However, if you're blunt and call her fat, you're going to create drama.
    I'd just end it and be careful about the word love next time. But don't allow drama to infect your high school career. You're going to find someone one day who you won't even care looks like; that I can guarantee. And if I may offer a tip on your next relationship, it's better if you date outside the cesspool of your high school. There's always too much drama in it.
    I am not that kind of person to call her fat, or insult her.. it's not what I want, let's just face the truth. And regarding the drama in high school.. well that's the only thing I'm worried about I know she's going to make a huge drama and make all of her girlfriends hate me but I am not going to be with her just because of that.

In your case, I'd just bite the bullet and try to be as diplomatic as possible. And if people make a big deal out of it, you need to keep your temper and not get involved- just shrug it off and not let it get you down.