+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me Please! I am head over heels for my professor

Help me Please! I am head over heels for my professor

Ok.

I know this is so cliche, but it is honestly killing me inside. If anything, i just need to get this out into the world somehow. This is a long story so, here it goes. I go to a very prestigious art school and I am seriously obsessed with one of the instructors in my department. He was my professor last semester, but I will have him again in two years. He is ALWAYS hanging around and lurking about the students chatting with everyone. He has an english accent, and he is absolutely gorgeous. He is all I've thought about for over a year now. I actually transferred to the school with my boyfriend and we lived together for a year. We recently broke up and moved apart. To be honest we fought all the time, and we are both happy to be seperated. Even though we are in the same major...

I'm not some teenager with a schoolgirl crush, Im 28 years old and he is in his early fourties. I have always dated older men, and he is totally my type. He hangs around my desk at times and chats with me. I OFTEN catch him staring at me. Not to sound conceded, but I have always turned heads. I always get the man I want, I've dated every guy I have ever had a crush on. (People tell me I look like Marilyn Monroe, but with tattoos). This man is screwing with me. Some days he decides to flirt with me and stare at me and chat with me. Other days he completely ignores me, he won't even look at me. It is driving me wild, and crazy at the same time. I can't focus on work, its ridiculous. I have never thought about anybody as much as I've thought about this man. I think its beyond healthy. He is not married by the way, and I am pretty sure he is single.

I don't know if he knows I'm single yet, as it has been only about a week. He is also pretty close friends with my ex-boyfriend(who is in the same major). This might be the reason why he is acting so strange but I honestly cant figure it out. What the hell am I going to do? Please, someone just talk to me I would really appreciate it.

I would say that you should leave it alone. Professors can be fired for having relationships with students, and if your school is a very prominent one, I'm sure they won't be lenient on that...

If he makes a move, then the ball is in his court, but don't expect him to.

Okay well someone is confident with themselves. Hate to break it to you but you don't always get what you want regardless of how good looking you are. You are a student he is a teacher if he has any brains he'd stay away and you would too. He might be nice to look at but you just got out of a relationship yourself so you need some time to be single. It's just not a good situation to get yourself into no matter how much you want him. Focus your attention on something else, I know it's hard but you'll be glad you did.