+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hypothetical woman question

Girls do like passion, and like to feel desired.....so maybe they are not feeling enough of that from you, so they turn to other guys for that fresh and excited attention.

i always touch and will be close and put moved on so hell if i know. lotta times i think its the girls but who knows.

my ex(29) was very similar, never letting go of her online chats.

To me in a weird way it felt like i was competing against the world for this girls attention.
    I mean lets be fair if i didn't stimulate her on a subject, she would get it eventually by someone else online.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post

Maybe im the ****ed on one and need to slow shit down but i just like to show somone i like interest. maybe i shouldnt show much interest until after 2-3 months
    How old are you again? I ask respectfully b/c I do think age (as correlates with maturity) makes a difference. Older, more seasoned folks tend to know more quickly when they have found someone with the qualities they enjoy.

There was a poster here, Nomas, who made a very wise post about this once. He described 'matching levels of interest' (I'm paraphrasing). But his basic point was that men (and it will be the man driving this in a traditional relationship) must stay tuned to the interest level of his woman and 'step up' the romance and sexual interest in small increments as she responds to his advances. Too much and she may run; too little and she loses interest, perhaps b/c she thinks you aren't interested.

Are you mathematically inclined? Nomas was an engineer. Think of a step function with not-to-large intervals that are set as a function of what her apparent interest and response level is. Match her, with a bit of 'extra' to drive things forward.

I will say that older, more confident couples can probably 'step' in larger increments than those who are younger and less sure of themselves and their needs. Hence, stories like HIAs about quickly marrying his wife once they were able to be together.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    How old are you again? I ask respectfully b/c I do think age (as correlates with maturity) makes a difference. Older, more seasoned folks tend to know more quickly when they have found someone with the qualities they enjoy.

There was a poster here, Nomas, who made a very wise post about this once. He described 'matching levels of interest' (I'm paraphrasing). But his basic point was that men (and it will be the man driving this in a traditional relationship) must stay tuned to the interest level of his woman and 'step up' the romance and sexual interest in small increments as she responds to his advances. Too much and she may run; too little and she loses interest, perhaps b/c she thinks you aren't interested.

Are you mathematically inclined? Nomas was an engineer. Think of a step function with not-to-large intervals that are set as a function of what her apparent interest and response level is. Match her, with a bit of 'extra' to drive things forward.

I will say that older, more confident couples can probably 'step' in larger increments than those who are younger and less sure of themselves and their needs. Hence, stories like HIAs about quickly marrying his wife once they were able to be together.
    Heh... true.

What does ^ Capt. Wifebeater know about women? He's only been with one since the 50s.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shut up and thank my post, LR.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Lol, nah dawg.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fine. Not like I need anymore thanks or rep anyway. Think I've pinged the metre. LOL, someone once gave me negative rep. It had absolutely no effect except to make me LOL. Spit in the ocean whoever that silly person was.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Cool story bro

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not 'bro'.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Uh yeah, you're a chick bro.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'm not 'bro'.
    Neither is "he". You have to have testicles to be a bro, LOL

this thread went to crap

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    this thread went to crap
    Agreed. It was LR that did it. Twit.

So, if I remember from another thread, you are early 20s. Is this right? You seem older in some ways.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast