+ Follow This Topic

Thread: needing feedback on our first 'date'...help?

needing feedback on our first 'date'...help?

we have been friends for awhile, he's a family friend & we also work together. we flirt a lot & we recently went out for the first time alone. we had good conversation, but as i attempted to offer to pay again, i brought up my ex saying he wasn't brought up this way as i always had to pay for everything. so he wanted to know what kinda dude he was... and then he brought up his ex saying his relationship was 4 years as well. and then saying that he wants to be with someone, but when he goes back to his country next year, he wants to go alone. because it has been too long.. so he wants to be alone because of that, but he does miss being in a relationship.
    he is so respectful & i am falling for him.. i honestly wouldn't mind where things led between us if we had to do a long distance thing in the next year, but i just want that chance. i feel that he is interested, he always calls me 'goregous' or 'lovely' but i don't know how to go about telling him, or showing him, or leading him on to make a move..... we may be going out again next week for our days off and i want something to happen... rather than just... "okay, goodnight. thanks for going out with me tonight"
    uggghh.. haha.
    advice is sooo appreciated! thanks

that's tough because you say he's going back to his country and wants to do it alone... so basically even if you did date him now, it would end before he went back? I feel like that is just setting yourself up for disappointment because if you do fall for him and end up dating then have to end it, you're going to be heartbroken and upset

Putting the cart infront of the horse there?

You've had ONE date. And you're planning long term and wondering how to approach it. Hon, you need to back right off, come down to reality and take it one date at a time. There's every chance you won't even make it a year with him ....let alone persuade him into something as futile as a LDR between countries.

Reality check time.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.