+ Follow This Topic
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: No Sex Before Marriage..

That is where I met my husband of 23 years lol.

Canadian bars must be different.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    (MOST GUYS but not all) would that clarify? I only generically am speaking....everyone gets their panties all twisted over silliness. It's all for varied reasons obviously. I found hers to be quite outlandish that is all....so I just had to respond. I'm not here for the scientific debate.
    The majority of my post was directed entirely at Fjortis. I was criticizing her for not producing any of this elusive scientific evidence that apparently "proves her argument". My response to you doesn't come in until after the part where I quoted you.

And no, "most guys" doesn't make your claim any more accurate. First of all we don't even know for a fact that most men even have a problem with women having had multiple sexual partners in the past, a lot of them do and a lot of them don't. But even if we only take into account the ones that do, when you understand the cultures that these guys are from and what those cultures think of women and multiple partners it becomes clear that the guys who think that way most likely think that way simply because they spent their entire lives being told to think that way and they never really questioned it as much as they should - same reason most people believe most of the things they do.

Moreover, when Love's Reject makes a similar generalization about women and tries to back it up with "I've seen it irl" (exactly what you just did with men), it apparently makes him, according to many women on this site, some kind of degenerate retard who's talking completely out of his ass who is doomed to die alone and miserable. In fact, it really wouldn't surprise me all that much if I ran a search on your post history and found some sort of diatribe against him for making this type of generalization.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 12-02-13 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    But even if we only take into account the ones that do, when you understand the cultures that these guys are from and what those cultures think of women and multiple partners it becomes clear that the guys who think that way most likely think that way simply because they spent their entire lives being told to think that way and they never really questioned it as much as they should - same reason most people believe most of the things they do.
    This doesn't make it false, if anything, it explains it. In our culture (western), women who have a lot of sexual partners are mostly looked down on as "sluts". It's no wonder a lot of guys do the same. I don't know if *most* guys do, but some certainly do.

What LR says is completely false most of the times.

Nope, it really isn't.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    This doesn't make it false, if anything, it explains it. In our culture (western), women who have a lot of sexual partners are mostly looked down on as "sluts". It's no wonder a lot of guys do the same. I don't know if *most* guys do, but some certainly do.

What LR says is completely false most of the times.
    If people believe something because they were told to believe it and they didn't question it the way all things should be questioned before accepted as truth then that provides an alternative truth and more plausible explanation as opposed to "men are insecure and have fragile egos", which is the notion I am refuting.

Smackie's sweeping generalization of men is no more accurate than LR's sweeping generalizations of women, thus the reason I brought up LR's name. I was using him as a negative example to illustrate how silly her comment was.

If people believe something because they were told to believe it and they didn't question it the way all things should be questioned before accepted as truth then that provides an alternative truth and more plausible explanation as opposed to "men are insecure and have fragile egos", which is the notion I am refuting.
    Makes sense. But I also think if people believe in something without questioning it, it's because it is convenient for them to believe in it. For example, it may be convenient for a guy to keep thinking that promiscuous women are "sluts" without questioning it, because his ego maybe feels better that way. I'm not agreeing with smackie (nor disagreeing - I just don't have enough data), I'm just saying that the two explanations don't exclude each other.

Smackie's sweeping generalization of men is no more accurate than LR's sweeping generalizations of women, thus the reason I brought up LR's name. I was using him as a negative example to illustrate how silly her comment was.
    Okay - I was unsure whether you were using him as a blatantly negative example, or if you were saying "smackie is wrong, yet LR is the one who gets "insulted" even though he's right".

Well...I am right....and insulted even though I am...

Quote Originally Posted by Fjortis View Post
    I wanted to ask male opinion about girls who do not believe in sex before marriage. For instance, what if you became interested in a a nice, pretty, kind girl, but she told you she does not believe in sex before marriage. Would you date her or move on?
    From experience, I know a lot of men will say shit like he's willing to wait and sex isn't that important.....until he realizes how frustrating it is to be physically and emotionally close to someone they'd really really like to ****. Yea around the second or third date most men I've dated start asking me about sex...

Jesus. What douchebags. Not to mention, guys aren't supposed to "ask" broads about sex..they're supposed to drive the girl into it subtly..

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Makes sense. But I also think if people believe in something without questioning it, it's because it is convenient for them to believe in it.
    Look at the way many of us view social hierarchies. Lower Class, Working Class, Middle Class, Upper Class, etc. We judge people to no small degree based on how much money they make and where in society they (arbitrarily) stand, and again, we are told to think this way our entire lives. Yet this is a highly inconvenient and self-degrading set of beliefs for all but the top 1% of any social hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Jesus. What douchebags. Not to mention, guys aren't supposed to "ask" broads about sex..they're supposed to drive the girl into it subtly..
    There's no 'supposed to' about it. I drove my now husband into having sex with me on the night of the day we met....and there was nothing subtle about it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Well...I am right....and insulted even though I am...
    That's not what dickriculous meant though.

Look at the way many of us view social hierarchies. Lower Class, Working Class, Middle Class, Upper Class, etc. We judge people to no small degree based on how much money they make and where in society they (arbitrarily) stand, and again, we are told to think this way our entire lives. Yet this is a highly inconvenient and self-degrading set of beliefs for all but the top 1% of any social hierarchy.
    That's because on some emotional/gut level we actually perceive this "scheme of society" to be convenient for us. We reckon it could be worse and in the end we're ok with the way things are. It's not about rationality (as isn't the "promiscuous women are sluts" thing).

Promiscuous men and women are sluts lol. Why are you still debating over this? Have you ever sat in a bar and overheard someone talking about someone who had banged half the town and everyone makes a face, shakes their head and says "dirty ****"

And it is irrelevant whether they are a man or a women. Everyone who doesn't behave that way believes it is wrong just like people who do behave that way probably believe that people who don't are boring virgins who should spend all their life in a church lol.

We judge people by our own standards simple... Yes some people have double standards. Like men who sleep around for 10years and then want to marry a virgin lol. And then they struggle to perform sexually with her because they know she is too good for him.. so then they use that as an excuse to go back to their old ways and cheat on her etc etc..

We judge for a reason. Its because we as humans have standards and we know what we are looking for in a life partner.

People will judge you no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    There's no 'supposed to' about it. I drove my now husband into having sex with me on the night of the day we met....and there was nothing subtle about it.
    You broke the rules. Dating and relationships are purely conventions and unwritten rules, as we all know...

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast