+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To be or not to be . . . . . single

To be or not to be . . . . . single

Hi all,
    Im new to this forum and ive read a lot of interesting posts Anyway, my problem:

Im 19 and ive been in a relationship for about a year and a half with the nicest girl. When we met i thought she was amazing and i loved her and i still do but she isnt as interesting or mysterious as she used to be.

My problem is that ive never been single and lived the "single life" and im afraid that i may never do. Being a part-time male model, I get other girls coming onto me all the time but always stay faithful to my girlfriend. However i think to myself "Damn, if only i was single".

I cant decide on what i should do. I really dont want to hurt my girlfriend, but i dont want to look back when im older and think that i should have been single and lived more when was younger. Is being single all its cracked up to be?

Bein single is not at all what it has cracked up to be for me... but i aint no male model!!

Your only young mate, if i were you id try not to think about the type of life youv got and want, and think about how you feel about your girlfriend. Not in terms of not wantin to hurt her. But how much you get from the relationship, if you love her etc.

If your only 19 now theres plenty of time for you to be single throughout your 20s.

But think about the relationship.

Fawking show off.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Some people just cant be single, Like me - I tried... I just cant.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Being single is awesome.

You don't have to answer to anybody.

You don't have to please anybody.

And in turn, it's difficult to be displeased with the significant other you don't have.

Aren't stuck with thoughts such as 'if only I was single...' because... you are!

1) Being attached and being single both have their advantages and disadvantages.
    2) Your girlfriend is not as mysterious or interesting as she used to be because you
    KNOW her now.
    3) I thought male models were all gay.
    4) 19 is awfully young to be writing off other girls forever.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    4) 19 is awfully young to be writing off other girls forever.

I actually agree with you on that

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by COAD
    I actually agree with you on that
    I agree with this post.

hahaha u want to be single ...

dont worry u will be at one point of ur life and then u will wish for all that u had ....

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

if you're going to be with someone and wonder what it's like to be single, maybe you shouldn't be with that person??

i don't get it. some people who are single wonders what it's like to share their life with someone.
    some people in relationships wonder what it's like to be single.
    why can't we just try to be happy with what we have? take things as they come.
    "Ogres are like onions."

i had that problem i was wiv a girl for about a year & a half & then half way through the relationship i was thinkin what it wud be like to be single. i told her how i was feelin & we broke up, i blame myself for the break up of our relationship cause since then things were never the same. But if your relationship is strong enough it should be able 2 accept the truth, which is all men & women are attracted to other people even if they have other partners.

But at least find out what you want before you say anythin 2 your girlfriend

& single life aint what you think it is either, but at da same time its what u make of it

funnily enough, to contradict my other thread, before I became involved with my ex-gf, I had another previous relationship which lasted 2 years. Before that I was single for 6 years. I became so accustomed to life on my own that I actually felt comfortable with. I wasnt interested in finding love and was happy in the company of plenty of friends and following my own pursuits. I'm very independant because of it, and have learnt a lot about myself.

If you have plenty of friends or interests then there is nothing wrong with being single.

thats very true

i don't know what i am. what i know is I could be very happy single, but I could also be happy not being single.

but since I don't know, I can't say. All I know is I feel guilty either way.
    "Ogres are like onions."

I dunno, from my point of view ive spent most of time single, the 2 or 3 times ive been with someone serious it hasnt worked out, and ive been gutted. So i cant advise you as im the sort of person who always longs to be with someone.

However, all i can say is that your gf wont be happy that your having these thoughts and telling others about them (im guessin youve told friends not on this forum). If she finds out youv been thinkin this way for a while then that will make her feel real shit.

End it mate, dont jus keep her on cos if your feeling these things then you cant be that bothered about her, im presuming she is about you, and im just tryin to minimise how hurt she will feel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast