+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He's moving too fast...

He's moving too fast...

Okay, so I met this guy at a party back in April. He's 20 and I'm 19. Personality wise - all I could ever ask for; genuine, sweet, caring, thoughtful, sensitive and funny. He's probably the nicest guy I've ever met. He started talking to me at the party and as time passed we were texting a lot. Soon enough he asked me out on a first date which went really well. During the first date he talked about his past relationship that ended about a month ago from our first date. I was surprised to see how fast he was willing to put himself out there again, and it made me feel iffy. A few days after our first date he asked to see me again. On our second date we hooked up and a few days after we slept together. All of which HE initiated. I noticed that within the first two weeks of knowing him, I had met a majority of the people he was close with (friends/family). It's been just 5 months of seeing him, but it feels like we've been dating for a while because of the things we've done and the way we are, mostly because he always initiates something that has to do with moving too fast. Could it be that he's using me as a rebound to get over his past relationship of 8 months? He also mentioned HE broke up with HER, but sometimes I wonder if he misses her because of the way he acts with me - moving too fast/trying to get into it too fast to maybe get over her more easily. He wants to make it official soon but I'm having doubts because of how fast he's moving. Help!

This is the number one complaint I get that guys tell me when I coach them. Guys just move too fast. It has nothing to do with his past relationships. I teach guys to move SLOW for a reason. It takes a lot of discipline to get a guy to do it too. Probably one of the harder things to coach. Hopefully he didn't kill your interest in him just yet.

Guys, don't be like this dude. Send me a PM and ill teach you how to avoid this.

you put a lot of the blame on him but at the same time, you went along with this stuff. you said you hooked up shortly after you started dating and that he initiated it, but unless he had a gun to your head you didn't have to say yes and do it, you know? I dated my ex unofficially for about a month, we hooked up but didn't have sex, he would keep asking but since we weren't official "boyfriend and girlfriend" I didn't want to just hook up with him and have him run off after getting what he wanted. we finally became a couple and even then we waited another week or so, so all in all it worked out. I even remember him saying later on that he respected that I made him wait even though he really wanted to have sex. if you want things to slow down, I would talk to him about it. don't keep going along with it if you feel it isn't right because then you can't go back and undo everything, and you're going to feel overwhelmed like you are now.

If he have what you need than dont look for problems.

I think its better go too fast than too slow cause you can miss a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I think its better go too fast than too slow cause you can miss a lot of things.
    that makes no sense. how could you miss things when you're going slow? you would miss things from going too fast

Just last girl I did like so much that I was soft and protective. Didnt wanted to rush she was a virgin btw and in the end she called me gay and wanker. When you wait too long than you start to love with your heart not dick and pain can be killing, thats why its better go fast.