+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did my ex text me this?

Why did my ex text me this?

Last night I was at a bar watching my friends band perform. I brought along my other friend Liz with me. Well Liz was miserable when we got there because she was fighting with her boyfriend and couldn't stop crying. I told her we would leave as soon as the band stopped playing because my friend had been looking forward to me coming to his concert for a while. After they performed I went looking for my friend to tell him I was leaving then instead of watching the other bands perform. As I was walking around the bar, I saw my ex sitting alone. I knew he might show up because he is also good friends with the guy that was playing in the band. I saw him look at me, twice. But he acted like he wasn't looking at me. I am still in love with him even though we broke up last summer. We were together for 3 years and I'm the one who ended it. Well, I really want him back, so I swallowed my pride and went up to him. He acted surprised that I was there, and he was so nice to me, which was really weird because he has been rude to me ever since the breakup. We talked for like 5 minutes just making small talk, then I had to leave because Liz started crying again.

On my way home, I got a text from him saying "it was nice seeing you". He has only texted me one other time since the breakup, and that was 3 weeks ago when he found out I was hurt and texted me "I hope you get to feeling better!" Anyway, I answered back and said that it was nice seeing him as well and that I wish I could have stayed the whole time but Liz wanted to leave. We continued texting, just making small talk once again. I told him I was going to bed and we stopped texting.

What do you think that text meant? I'm hoping the underlying message was that he misses me. Then again I don't want to read too much into it and get my hopes up. Oh and this "bar" we were at also lets in minors, which me and my ex both are (we are 20). He wasn't drinking or anything. So my question is what did the text mean, and what should be my next step to trying to get back together with him?

If he's only text you one only time since the break up, then can you explain how "he's been rude to you since the breakup?"

I think the text meant that it was "nice seeing you." Stop reading so much into fluff. If you want him back then call him and and speak voice to voice or, see him one-on-one and tell him that you miss him and think you made a mistake and see what he has to say. I'll add, that you broke up with him for a reason ~ has that reason rectified itself or will you just be going back to more of the same crap?

You haven't gotten over him yet because you've not done the mental work you need to do to get to the stage of indifference to him.

So: Why'd you break up with him to begin with?

what wakeup said was good, why did you leave him.. also for him to feel secure you should make the first move, since you dumped him. Him texting you something simple was testing how or if you would reply. A man loves a confident woman, man up and go see him.

I would say it's too early to judge. Based on what you've given us (which really isn't much), there isn't enough to go on to say if he really does miss you. I'd say your best bet is to be aloof and just go with it. Don't put on tons of pressure. Just be the turtle- doesn't matter how long it takes to get somewhere or the route it takes. And in the end, he'll show you whether it'll happen or not. Nevertheless, in the meantime, be open to dating others because you shouldn't put all your nuts in one basket hoping it'll work out. Believe me; I've done that before for guys, and it's only bitten me again and again.

It was more than likely just being friendly. If you want him back, which I advise against, call him up.