+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealing with an unappropriate workplace crush

Status update: Based on your advice, I abandoned all thoughts of openly telling her about my inappropriate feelings.

Looking back at our correspondence, I have to admit that it was more often than not myself who initiated contact. So as a first step I stopped that completely, limiting our interaction to responding to her requests, and normal polite gestures like congratulating her on her birthday last week. I try not to overcompensate by being cold or anything. I just keep it friendly and polite.

Contact is already much more limited, so I believe my "problem" may eventually fade out on its own.

Thanks again!

Edit: Also, she recently told me that she is probably moving to back to her native town Trondheim (far from here) some time this year, so that will put a definite end to it anyway. Probably more luck than I deserve.
    Last edited by Guybrush; 16-02-13 at 09:39 PM.

Good news. Glad a little perspective helped.

Guybrush please do yourself a favour and look up the 9 stages of a relationship. You were not in love with her-it was simply infatuation. And please put all the time, energy, effort into your marriage and trying to make your wife happy..

Well done for recognizing the threat to your marriage and for doing something about it. If you and your wife are having problems-seek marriage counselling and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    Status update: Based on your advice, I abandoned all thoughts of openly telling her about my inappropriate feelings.

Looking back at our correspondence, I have to admit that it was more often than not myself who initiated contact. So as a first step I stopped that completely, limiting our interaction to responding to her requests, and normal polite gestures like congratulating her on her birthday last week. I try not to overcompensate by being cold or anything. I just keep it friendly and polite.

Contact is already much more limited, so I believe my "problem" may eventually fade out on its own.

Thanks again!

Edit: Also, she recently told me that she is probably moving to back to her native town Trondheim (far from here) some time this year, so that will put a definite end to it anyway. Probably more luck than I deserve.
    Well done, Guy! *claps*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123