+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When a guy calls a girl "kid"?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    I'm not trying to over analyze... But what kind of nickname is "kid"? Makes me feel like a kid sister. But it's weird bc the guys that called me this have usually been romantically interested in me. Just interested in some related opinions/thoughts.
    I'd try not to over-analyze, and take it the way the speaker intended. It was probably said out of some sense of affection.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Just out of curiosity and pretty related:

Why hasn't anyone similarly pointed out the absurd/disgusting semantic ramifications of the term of endearment, "baby" or girls wearing slutty cat costumes? Surely the idea of being called a baby or having sex with someone so endearingly labeled "baby" or sex with a cat is surely not enticing when you really think about it?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I wouldn't like being called baby either...patronising again.

I don't understand the cat costume reference though. I mean, I don't fancy having sex with a vampire.... but a hot guy who was dressed like a vampire but is now naked...well, that's a different story.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Lol, so you've NEVER seen slutty chicks wear slutty cat costumes? Maybe you haven't been out on Halloween in years, though...
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

LOL yourself. Did you not know that Halloween is an American tradition? We don't do Halloween in Oz.

I have seen girls dressed as Catwoman at fancy dress parties and I've seen American movies with Halloween party scenes. Still don't understand the 'sex with someone who was wearing costume' reference.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I thought it would've spread everywhere, especially since most major countries have tried to emulate or steal American culture...especially Australia. Seems like Australia goes nuts when last year's hot album finally gets released there.

It's an old school term: "Here's looking at you, kid" Don't over analyze such a thing. In the black community, grown folk call other grown folk "honey-baby child". For instance, a sample conversation:

"Mrs. Jenkins, whatcha doin' today, giiirl? Want to go to the bingo hall?"

and Mrs.Jenkins response is, "Ahh, honey-baby child, I can't do it today. My husband is taking me dancing."

"child" and/or "kid" is a term of endearment, if not just a figure of speech
    Strength by the wind, is found in the roots
    www.bleucandle.com

Still, it's kinda creepy when taken literally..especially if one was to makeout or have sex on a Halloween night with a girl dressed as a slutty cat and then one stops to think about it literally. Sex with a cat, yay!

WOW! I'm going to log off and log in again, just to read that once more...
    www.bleucandle.com

Lol...I hope I don't get misread and somehow taken for a bestiality advocate. I was being satirical.

hahah, no...it was funny...but I still had to take another peek, so to say, to make sure that I wasn't mis-reading it. hahah
    www.bleucandle.com

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Still, it's kinda creepy when taken literally..especially if one was to makeout or have sex on a Halloween night with a girl dressed as a slutty cat and then one stops to think about it literally. Sex with a cat, yay!
    Silly virgin. It's not meant to imply sex with a cat, but rather, sex with a (pussy) cat.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Silly virgin. It's not meant to imply sex with a cat, but rather, sex with a (pussy) cat.
    Applying the same logic, would a man in a rooster (cock) costume be considered sexy??

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Lol, men can't be virgins. You of all should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Only you would think about it literally. Nobody else would. Anyone else would be interested in sleeping with the gorgeous girl who used to be wearing the costume.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast