+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When a guy calls a girl "kid"?

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    Applying the same logic, would a man in a rooster (cock) costume be considered sexy??
    I would find a man in a rooster (cock) costume sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I thought it would've spread everywhere, especially since most major countries have tried to emulate or steal American culture...especially Australia.
    Beautiful example of the "Ugly American" there mate. The whole world just loves and revolves around America, eh? Not.

It's this type of ignorant attitude which sent Starbucks broke here. They also assumed that we'd just love to take on American culture and eating style. Their lack of research didn't give them the heads up that we drink Italian style coffee and won't drink the crap they serve. They didn't shift their attitude and have since gone into receivership.

Hate to disillusion you, but we're a multicultural country. Our influences are strongly British (due to our early immigrants), European (due to later immigrants) and now there's a lot of Asian influence - especially in our food culture. American influence? Not so much. Travellers to the US come home talking about all the differences they see between American culture and here.

Seems like Australia goes nuts when last year's hot album finally gets released there.
    Music from many English speaking countries can go nuts here. Yes, US music gets lots of airplay, but so does UK and Canadian music and of course, Australian music has a huge stronghold.

As for music delays....I was hearing Macklemore's Thrift Shop on Australian radio back in October - which is when it was released in the US. It's already hit #1 and gone away. I have no idea what delays you're talking about - and I suspect you don't have any idea either.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

What the hell are the Macklemore's Thrift Shop? It was something released in the U.S.? Must be some indie band,
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    I'm not trying to over analyze... But what kind of nickname is "kid"? Makes me feel like a kid sister. But it's weird bc the guys that called me this have usually been romantically interested in me. Just interested in some related opinions/thoughts.
    Try calling him "dad" and see how he reacts.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If that's their way of flirting with you I would be moving onto someone different.

Macklemore is the name of the artist. Thrift Shop is the song. He's out of Seattle - and yes, Indie.

Record companies can't afford to release songs here later than in the US - because we will download the music illegally and they miss out on sales. So, basically, you're making stuff up about our music scene.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Try calling him "dad" and see how he reacts.
    too funny!! I wish someone would call me "kid" now just so that I can use your line.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Beautiful example of the "Ugly American" there mate. The whole world just loves and revolves around America, eh? Not.
    Oh lordy... please don't think we're all like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Oh lordy... please don't think we're all like that.
    No, I don't. Not at all. I've got a couple of long term American friends who I've met on forums such as these. They would never express ignorant views as per LR.

I'm not ignurrant, but 'Murrica is. Our idol is that fat hick girl, Honey Booboo. And we're wifebeaters, like HIA.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I'm not ignurrant, but 'Murrica is. Our idol is that fat hick girl, Honey Booboo. And we're wifebeaters, like HIA.
    Your comments and assumptions about Australia are the epitome of ignorance.

Because I was totally being serious about any of that.

Lol this thread has gone all over the place!!!

How did we go from kid to sex kitten to chickens to racism? Love the Internet.

Lol, well I'll explain: terms of endearment are creepy when thought of literally. They can also be demeaning or degrading. A majority of folks don't mind it/like it but some really don't like it.

Still, it's kinda creepy when taken literally..especially if one was to makeout or have sex on a Halloween night with a girl dressed as a slutty cat and then one stops to think about it literally. Sex with a cat, yay!
    I think the costume would be on the floor by that point and would therefore be irrelevant

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast