+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have a rather, complicated, situation, and I'm desperate!!

I have a rather, complicated, situation, and I'm desperate!!

Okay, I have a rather complicated situation... I know it's long, a lot of which in the beginning may seem to have little to nothing to do with the main focus of the subject, just please bear with me. I'm sorry about that... I could just really use some support right now...

I'm 19 years old and will be 20 March 10th. I've had a quite an unfortunate life (we all have to some extent) but essentially, I'm in a predicament. I unfortunately failed a grade back in high school and have also taken a year off after high school. I don't have a job but I'm currently looking for one, and am also now looking into some college and career opportunities. Like I've said, I've had a bit of a rough time, and therefore wasted a lot of it simply due to depression and stress. Now though, I think I'm finally on the fast track to success, but it's still a long road, and is difficult to go alone...

I'm a hopeless romantic, and generally a bit of a prude. I've never done something as radical as join a 'love' forum before. I want more than anything to find the one perfect girl of my dreams and fall in love like one of those sappy romance movies. I just can't seem to make that happen.

Fact is, I live with my mother, unemployed, no friends, no family, no money, no college, and certainly no looks... I'm the very definition of ugly itself. I have acne all over, I'm out of shape, pastey white pale, and every square inch of me is covered in hair except the one part I want to have hair on, my head, which yeah, my hairline is already receeding at the age of 19... I'm the very definition of a poor ugly loser...

I'm trying to fix the unemployment and college thing, but that'll take another year, and the ugliness issue I have a plan, but that'll take me even longer... Essentially it'll be years before I'm able to actually be able to have my own life, and that's only if things go perfectly smoothly...

I hope it's not too vain to say that I'm pretty confident in my personality, I'm generally a likeable guy. I just currently have a life one could hardly call a life worth living. a.k.a., no life at all...

My point in all this is, is there even any possible way for me to find love out there in all this mess? I've spent my whole life going at things alone, and frankly I'm sick of it. I want more than anything someone special who can be my exception to this wreck of a life. Yet I'm left here wondering if that's even so much as a rare off-chance lucky break possibility... Do you think it's possible, and if so, what do I have to do to find true love? I'm desperate!

Please stop being so hard on yourself. First of all I recommend you try to get your skin sorted to boost your confidence. There is lots that you can do. Have you ever heard of aloe vera gel? You can buy it online and drink it every morning to get your skin under control. The condition normally gets worse before it gets better as its a healing process but in time 2-3months, it will start to heal up. If you don't want to order it online, go to your local health store and ask them is there anything they can give you for your skin. Or go to the doctor and see if there is anything they can do.

A good cleansing soap to wash your face in twice a day may also help you. The one I use is the aloe liquid soap but again you could see if you can find an alternative. Dont give up until you find something that works for you. Also if you think a mousturizer or face mask will help-go get a good one. They last ages. One bottle could last you 6months and you could even try a good exfoliator for oily skin and use it 1-2times a week.. Try to find natural health products as these are the best. A little expensive but well worth it.

The second issue here is finding work. Go out and apply for every job you can until you get one. Even if it is only part time to begin with. You will feel so proud of yourself when you finally land yourself a job. With experience and a plan, you can keep your head down, work hard, get promoted etc and work your way up to where you want to go.. While your working you could start a night class to get back into education..

It is nice that you are looking for love but you need to put that to the back of your mind for now and sort your life out. When the time is right, you will meet someone special.

Join a new hobby/sport and make new friends. They can then introduce you to their friends and before you know it, you will have a whole circle of people trying to set you up on blind dates