+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I single or not?

Am I single or not?

I met this guy about 8 months ago. The first night we met we talked a bit and he had asked me to go home with him, which I didn't. His friend had taken him home and I didn't know so I couldn't say goodbye, but I gave my # to his friend and the guy ended up calling me the next morning (although I didn't talk to him because I missed the call) The next time I saw him he told me he had called and I told him he should have called back. I'd see him every now and then because I don't frequent the bar in the city he lives in a lot. I've probably seen him a total of 5 different times since I met him and most of the time it had been a friendly hi and a little talking and that was it.
    He knew I liked him but I wasn't sure how he was feeling, he seemed a little shy to me. I saw him right before Christmas and I was a little tipsy, not drunk at all, but we were talking and he told me he had just broken up with a girl who he hadn't been seeing that much. He asked me if I had a boyfriend and I told him no. He were flirting just a bit and it was getting late and I had told him that I didn't want to leave without tasting his lips, he told me no, that it wasn't going to happen than night. I was a little surprised but a little not surprised because he's practically related to everyone in the town and he had a lot of family there that night and just figured that he was a little shy again.
    I saw him again this passed weekend and he came over to talk to me. He asked how I was and he got a little bold and put his hand on my thigh and held my hand. He told me that he didn't want to kiss me the last time because he thought I was sloppy, I told him whatever. But then he ended up kissing me, and we nuzzled, and made out a little at the table. I had told the guy that I figured that he wasn't interested but that I was glad he was coming around, and he said " I never said that I wasn't interested." That gave me some hope finally! He got up to talk to his uncle and I was talking with his friend that I met the same night I met the guy I like. I told him that I liked his friend but I could tell he was a little shy and his friend confirmed it. At least I knew I was reading him right.
    So, it was almost 2 am and we needed to go. I went up to him and said I was leaving and asked him if he wanted to go outside with me, and he got my hand and went with me. He asked me why I was leaving and I said because my friends needed to go, and he came to me and kissed me, he asked me to go back to his friends house with him and I said no, that it wasn't going to happen. He kissed me some more and then my friends came out. He walked me to the car and they ended up talking with someone and he took me aside and we were talking and kissing and he straight out asked me if I would be his girl. He told me that he wanted someone who would be there for him and be able to deal with any baby mama drama that he had, I told him I didn't care, because he knows that I have 2 kids so that didn't matter to me, also told me that age didn't matter and that he wanted me to go to family functions with him. Then he said that he wasn't drunk talking and he asked if I could be that for him and I said that I didn't like to play games and he said he didn't either and then I said that I could be that to him. He made sure with me that I still had the same # and told me that he didn't have service on his phone (which I know is true because his Aunt told me) but would call me later and that I better pick up. We kissed goodbye and I left.
    For some stupid reason I left my phone somewhere else and when I woke up I had 3 missed calls, the last one logged in at 4:26 so who knows how early he had tried. I knew it was him and I felt bad because I really wanted to talk to him but didn't think him calling me later meant a couple of hours from when I saw him. I was hoping he'd call back, but knew he didn't have a sure way to call me, so i ended up texting the # and said that if he had called me from that # early in the morning if they could give him the msg to call me back, whoever's phone it was replied with "ok." I was hoping he'd call back but he hasn't (again, I can't really get mad since he doesn't have his OWN phone on right now.) I have his friends # and will probably give him a call to see if we can meet up at the bar this weekend without my friends, but the one thing I want to know, if he technically asked me to be his girl and wasn't BS'ing and I said yes, should I take it that I'm his girlfriend? I guess I felt maybe if he had asked me that BEFORE he asked me to go home with him it would have been different because he thought he could get me into bed, but he already knew it wasn't going to happen and then he asked. Any advice appreciated. Thanks for reading.

how come you don't have his phone number? didn't he call you that time you 1st met?

oh sorry just saw the part about the service. uhhh yeah since he asked you to be his girl I think that's a pretty clear sign he wants you to be his girlfriend haha