+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which (full lenght) movies inspire you most?

Which (full lenght) movies inspire you most?

Which movies inspire you guys?

Which movies has made you feel you've become a better person (or gained valuable insights) by watching them?
    <-snip>

Here are two that I like:
    Braveheart
    The groundhog day

Life of Pi is also very nice to mention a more recent movie.
    <-snip>

I always feel inspired after watching 'Debbie does Dallas'.

The Dark Knight Rises
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    The Dark Knight Rises
    More like "Broke Back Mountain"

WHAT?! U just jelly cuz no good films are made about Canada. USA! USA! USA!

Speaking of inspirational films and jingoism, "Miracle." USA!
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

No but they filmed most of those movies up here in Canada.

No good films were made about Canada because we didn't make up half the shit in order to make it interesting. Your US history is very embellished.

I hear productions are steering clear from Canada these days. You Canucks got greedy and chased out the money...

All history is embellished.

The bible and US history.

Canada's history, Iraq's history, all except Antarctican history, since no one really lives there to brainwash or distort..

I watched a show last year about the falsified facts in US history. There is stuff in there that did not happen. "The British are coming!" was one of them. There were never referred as "the British" but as the "Regulars". I wish I remembered the name of the show...I think it was a National Geographic or an A&E special. Anyways stuff was over glorified to increase patriotism. Kinda of a Disney way of telling history.

Every country does that; it's a means of instilling that nation's values.

As for Paul Revere, it did happen but like you point out (sort of), not in the way described by Longfellow:n fact, one of the conspirators may have been a wwoman! The poem and the official textbook history of it do contain a grain of fact (that, is Revere was a real man who informed certain non-Crown worshipping tea-sucking Brits how the invasion was to begin, although he did not yell it out as portrayed for obvious reasons).

So tell me about why Canada is apparently full of completely accurate, non-biased history. Do your textbooks go over the systematic demoralization of the natives?

To be honest I don't recall what the books said, but our teacher did talk about it at length...yes. It was never down played at all.

not really a movie but a guy has made me insanely powerful. amongst all people i have seen, i never saw someone like him. a man like him does not exist in this world. i saw the name of dante when i was a little kid... since then i have never forgotten it. its a story about a guy going through hell to find his true love he have met when he was a child. i would recommend to search for it... it truely is amazing
    PS: durante is the long version of dante =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast