+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend is sending texts to her ex

My girlfriend is sending texts to her ex

Hello all, this is my first post on here, but dont know who to turn to,

I have been with my gf for almost 7 months now, my longest relationship to date. Before xmas my gf told me that her ex admitted to her that he wants her back and she said that she dont like him anymore and its only me in her life.

I then went up her house boxing day and saw texts between them and she accidentally showed me the calls she has made which turns out that she has called him n he has called her over 20 times over the Christmas period, she then lied saying that she never answered the phone calls.

The lying continued last month. Last month i booked us a table at a posh restaurant or Valentines dinner and she told me that she couldnt see me on Valentines day, I asked her why, to which she has now given me three different excuses, She has an exam (That cant be likely as its half term over here at that point), She has a party at her friends (Thats not true either as i asked her friend n she has no party) And that shes Babysitting ( To which her parents knew nothing about)

All my friends dont think shes cheating on me but theres something that isnt right. What do i do?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by James92 View Post
    What do i do?
    You confront her but be prepared to accept that your relationship is doomed. No trust in relationship = dead relationship

I think it is time to break up. Sorry but there are too many lies here and she probably has plans with him on valentines day. She should not be texting anyone else especially not an ex. It is time to let her go and accept that it is over.

Anyone who treats you this way is not good enough for you. Dont put up with it

Sounds like she is making plans with her ex. If she is getting calls from her ex and not letting you know about it, it's time to confront her because if she was happy with you she wouldn't be doing this to you.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Just dump her. Don't even tell her why, she should be able to figure it out.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You booked a table for Valentines day last month? Anyway, since your gf proclaims she's busy that day, ask one of her single female friends to join you instead, that should take care of your problem one way or the other.

I agree, dump her by text or email and ask someone else to be your valentine.. If she can treat you with this much disrespect than she deserves no better than that. Dont even give her a reason-just say "were done, have a nice life" block her from your phone, from facebook, email etc and move on. Life is too short to be dealing with this kinda crap.

If a bloke treated me like this, he would be gone so fast he wouldn't even be given a chance to explain..

Here's what you do...let that alley-cat go. You can't baptize a cat, and you sure as hell can't stop people from doing what they want to do. All the lying is just treating you like you fell off a pumpkin trunk, and don't know anything. You intuition(feeling) is what you need to listen to.

Self-preservation is a beautiful thing.
    Strength by the wind, is found in the roots
    www.bleucandle.com

Maybe you're girlfriend flirts her ex-boyfriend. And she maybe over him but she tries to be with him and knows if she still feels the same way. That's what men do, so do not think of it as too bad as what you think. Have trust, and you'll be longer together.

give her the middle finger and leave her 4 dead.. ( metaphor for forget about her)

Bro drop her. Please. She knows for a fact that you don't want her talking to her ex. But she's doing it anyway but behind your back. There's something she is doing that she doesn't want you to see. And trust me its not going to make you happy. If you put up with this youll teach her how to be even more sneaky. You'll put yourself in a position to be hurt. You set your boundaries, she crossed them now its time to leave. Dont make the same mistake i made by staying cuz youll only make it harder to leave. It won't be easy, it never is, and I hope you accumulate enough knowledge to help you make your decision.

Cheat on her. Tell her about it. Break up with her.