+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Grandparents story

My Grandparents story

This is the story of two peoples love that never died.

Judy was a graduate from college. She was visiting a friend in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania when she met him, the man of her dreams. He walked into the cafe and went up to the counter to sit down and ordered a water. During the next half hour he kept giving Judy the eye while she sat giggling with her friend. Finally the man walked over and asked to sit with them. He and Judy hit it off instantly, they spent hours talking in that little cafe, her friend had left quickly after the man sat down to give Judy some privacy. Years later my grandmother smiles when she talks about that first day. Judy and Lee instantly feel in love with each other that night and where married a year later. They grew and had 7 children. Their children grew up and each individually found their perfect companion except one. My father had made a mistake. He had fallen for my mothers beauty instead of listening to the love of his parents which was trying to guide him. My mother wasn't the person suited for him, later she would call him childish and irresponsible while he would call her controlling. 7 years after their divorce he struck a gold mine. A friend of his was having a small movie party where he invited a few friends to go watch a movie and diner so that the friend could introduce his fiance. In the group their was this woman that my father had never seen before. He spent most of the night talking to her and he fell in love with this carefree spontaneous woman. They got married 2 years later and are still madly in love. And here I am, at age 18, having dated more men then my mother, father, and older siblings combined. I walked into a Kmart to buy some paper and a binder on my first day of senior year when I walked right into this man. He struck up a conversation with me and wouldn't let me leave until he acquired my phone number. He says he fell instantly in love with me as soon as he saw me. But I took some time to be convinced, I fell in love the next time I saw him. Which unfortunately was 2 months later. The best I can hope for is for the love that started with my grandparents wont end with me and will continue to spread and make happiness so easy to find.

wow! just touching on all levels!

wow.. this is one heck of a love story,,
    it is like a continuous process.. I hope you find your true love too just like your grandparents!
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as "love at first sight".

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as "love at first sight".
    But there is such a thing as attraction at first sight
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

Quote Originally Posted by miki036 View Post
    But there is such a thing as attraction at first sight
    Yes, of course.

I was referring to this:

He says he fell instantly in love with me as soon as he saw me.
    which is BS.

Cmon, give it to her.. if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Yes, of course.

I was referring to this:

which is BS.
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST