+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Valentine Surprise for my Man

Valentine Surprise for my Man

Well, we've been together for more than 2years now. Our first Valentine as couple was not really something worth remembering coz he was not so in love to me way back then. Last year, it was another failed Valentine for me coz our date got screwed up and it was another bad memory not worth remembering.

On my part, I know this time something good will happen coz he even often reminds me that "Hey dont mess around.. Don't be a bad girl.. don't make me worry.. dont make me mad.. I wanna do something for you on V-day... I'm just reminding you.." Perhaps, setting my mind that something good is coming up so I have to be a GOOD GIRL...

Since that is the thing, on my part, what can I do to surprise him as well? Or what can I do to complement him for doing it if ever?

Gift ideas? It's more of what I prefer to do so that I won't counterpart his plans for V-day.

To be honest, this is one of the holidays that can break you in finances or image... My brother last year got his girlfriend a diamond necklace, and she never let it go that he didn't get her a card to go with it... That being said, don't go TOO over the top because this will be the first good V-day between the two of you. Just do something caring for him that lets him know he's special to you. You know him better than anyone on this site ever could, so think about what he's interested in and what he could use. If all else fails, a nice massage can always do the trick, especially if the guy works really hard.

But don't spend tons of money on it because next year it will turn into outdoing last year. Keep it simplistic and thoughtful. Honestly, it's sickening when people break their savings accounts on one day like this and end up not being able to make next year better. The thoughtful gifts are the ones that matter most.

If he's going to surprise you, though, sit back and let it happen. Once you see what his plans are, you can successfully add a thoughtful gift like a massage to that.

Or there is always the sexier route... *shifty eyes* ...Like some sensual love making. It's up to you- you know the guy. We don't.

I wish I could help.

Give him something he can keep close so hell think of you every time he sees it like a key ring with a picture of both of you, a rose and a last rolo lol

honestly...if my wife made me a triple decker sandwich with cheese, bacon.. salami ham mmmmm with a glass of guiness on the side. I would love her forever thats all I need to be happy..

for her i got personalized m&m's with our picture on it ?( very small lol ) and a few messages on the rest... that got me some good points

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    To be honest, this is one of the holidays that can break you in finances or image... My brother last year got his girlfriend a diamond necklace, and she never let it go that he didn't get her a card to go with it...
    Was she a total b*tch or was she just joking around with him?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Man, I am glad my wife hates jewelry. That would kill my bank account..

my gf too isn't much into jewelry. she likes electronics though. that's great cause i like them too.

I would be much happier if the idea came from the girl herself.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Was she a total b*tch or was she just joking around with him?
    Sadly, she was ACTUALLY serious. He worked so hard for six months on a dairy farm, including overtime, to afford that necklace for her. Needless to say, I wouldn't miss her if she decided to break up with him... I'd rather not go to a wedding with her as the bride.