+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wan't to talk to a guy but can't

Wan't to talk to a guy but can't

I met this guy on a dating site. He messaged me first. We chatted for a while, mostly joking, and he said he was looking for an intelligent person to talk to. The next day he said he wanted to walk in the city but didn't want to do it alone and offered me to meet. It was unexpected but I agreed. He didn't even care how I looked (he didn't see any photos of mine), only wanted me to be an interesting and cheerful person. I also asked his phone number in case I would be late or something but I didn't gave my own number. When we met, he said hello and hugged me. He was very talkative and and we had quite nice conversations. But that was not a date , more like a meeting with a buddy. We only wandered in the city and talked for a few hours, that's all. We didn't ask each other personal questions. At the end , we said goodbye and hugged each other. Now a week passed and he hasn't written me anything and neither did I. I think that this was the only time we met and we'll never talk to each other, because everything was so random, like an adventure meeting a person you don't know. I would love to talk to him again, as he seems to be a really nice and interseting person. But I'm really shy and extremely afraid to write him a message or even text on cell phone. I think that maybe he didn't like me, maybe he likes other girls, or simply isn't looking for a relationship now. I only like him as friend but I think that it's possible for us to be a good match to each other and I could like him more than a friend. I actually have no experience in dating and although I'm pretty and nice person, I have problems with my self esteem, I'm shy, introverted, don't have much social life, so I guess that's not cool.
    So I'm afraid to write him but I doubt if he will do that. I think it's better to forget him, but I still think of him. It wasn't a date where you are supposed to text a message saying how nice it was afterwards. I guess he could message me because he is probably very self confident and social but maybe he's just not into me, maybe he doesn't take other people seriously and has already forgotten me. It would be embarrassing if I messaged him and he wouldn't want to talk to me. I know guys like when girls make first move and I probably could write him something friendly but what if he will see it as more than a friendly move. Valentine is coming, but I would feel awkward saying him something because of this occassion. Could anybody help me about this situation? Thank you.

You are over analysing everything and making a shedload of assumptions. If you want to see him again ask him. He can say yes or he can so no but if neither of you has the guts to get in touch then you'll never know will you.

You can't expect a guy to do everything. He might be thinking the same thing...you never did a follow up message saying you had a great time and would like to see him again. So he just assumed you were not interested.

Frankly, I think being this painfully shy and unable to express your interest would be more embarrassing than taking a risk. Nobody is suggesting that you do all the chasing, but it is expected that you will at least show interest.

No different to going for a job interview - it's customary to end the interview by saying something about being keen to work there.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It doesnt matter if he turns you down- youll never have to see him again so you have nothing to lose. Just text him and say hey i enjoyed or day out and was wondering if youd like to do it again? If you meet again, you can ask him why you havnt heard from him and tell him you would like to keep in touch if hes interested. So what if hes not. It doesnt matter.

If he talked with you for hours than answering a text would be nothing. If you fail and dont get an answer or a negative answer - its ok we give you permision to fail. Nothing to lose anyway, only win.
    If you cant send a text now than how do you expecting to find a boyfriend later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Frankly, I think being this painfully shy and unable to express your interest would be more embarrassing than taking a risk. Nobody is suggesting that you do all the chasing, but it is expected that you will at least show interest....

yeah, i agree with you basilandthyme.. That's the spice of life.. Take risks and bear whatever the result afterwards... either positive or negative...
    It's not more on making you look easy-to-get type, it's more on HANDLING THE SITUATION WITH GRACE AND CONFIDENCE.. go girl... if it is not for you, then twilll never be yours...

Even IF you fail the strenght of character gain will be the measure of your true sucsess.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 12-02-13 at 02:11 PM.