+ Follow This Topic

Thread: French Men

French Men

Hello all,

I'm currently living in France, have been for a few months. I've met a boy. He's the flatmate of my best friend here, so I spend a lot of time at their house. I really appreciate him, he's very kind and she holds a high opinion of him. I haven't done anything about it but I think he feels the same. I told her the other night, but just that he is a very handsome man. She didn't really respond to that, and I tried to bring it up again today and just said that I told her cos I wanted to share my feelings with her, she was pretty non-committal about it. I'm definitely not wanting her to take part in it, but I do want to talk to her about it - I think she thinks I would just **** around with him, but he's more of a keeper kind of guy. Not really sure what to think - I don't want to ruin their living arrangements, but I am leaving the country in a couple of months..
    So, not sure what the etiquette is around this! I don't want to get her involved, but I feel like if I had a friend who was into my flatmate, I'd want to know about it.. And she's really my best friend over here so she matters!

They might be more than flat mates. They might be FWB, or she has feelings for him. It's best to stay away from it.

Na, she has a pretty serious boyfriend!

Well then I guess she doesn't want her relationship with her flat mate to get messed up by something that happened with you two. Either that or you haven't been forthcoming with her. Just tell her you would like to date her flat mate, period....stop beating around the bush.