+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm mediocre

I'm mediocre

After bombing today's quiz (which leads me to think ace'ing last week's wasn't very indicative of my actual ability in the course whatsoever), I've realized that I'm mediocre and should probably adjust my life accordingly. I guess I lack logic, intellect, talent, I suck at everything. Maybe I'm somewhat retarded, and am below average in physical capacity (weakling).

Right now, I'm just thinking over my projected life: a slightly above minimum wage job, renting a cheap apartment in a crummy area and maybe just living my private life in books until I die.I just dropped a few courses I was taking for a Gen.Ed. and maybe adding a few in Corrections since everything I once tried to major in, I gave up on.

Does admitting mediocrity help a mediocre person whatsoever?

What's a non-menial job for a mediocre person?

Does a corrections officer need to be a really muscular son of a bitch? I keep picturing prison riots and inmates putting hits out on corrections officers, but that's probably pure movie and TV show BS...

Oh yes, this might be my last post. I'm sure Imma would have wanted to be around for that so he could've continued monopolizing the forum..
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 14-02-13 at 11:48 AM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Well, to be honest if I was in Prison and saw a scranny bitch, I would laugh at him.. and not really take him seriously. Unless he`s secretly a motai kickboxer, or can kill me with his mind. Everyone has a role. You are mediocre cause you let yourself be mediocre.. thats probably the best I can tell you. If you bombed your test, odds are you need more studying or tutoring.

But you won't adjust your life will you. You'll just keep hurling insults at everyone around you who does happen to have success in work, life and love.

Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1984 View Post
    Well, to be honest if I was in Prison and saw a scranny bitch, I would laugh at him.. and not really take him seriously. Unless he`s secretly a motai kickboxer, or can kill me with his mind. Everyone has a role. You are mediocre cause you let yourself be mediocre.. thats probably the best I can tell you. If you bombed your test, odds are you need more studying or tutoring.

Actually, I have reading comprehension issues at times; so I knew the material but the way the question was phrased made the question a crapshoot. I hate when there are questions like that, which are not fair nor a real measure of a student's progress.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    But you won't adjust your life will you. You'll just keep hurling insults at everyone around you who does happen to have success in work, life and love.

The idea is, I am adjusting; the plan so far is work so as to pay taxes and thus not leech off society but not be involved socially and remove myself from space maybe better persons could occupy..

because you study to remember and not study to know.. its easy to memorize something, but knowing it is harder.. if you knew what you studied then he can word it any way he pleases and you would understand it.

I'd prefer to do both; I hate how schools encourage parroting of facts instead of truly learning the material. Seems like a waste of both student and teachers' times.

thats university, so unless you are becoming a dr or engineer.. or some sort of math whiz.. go to college.. more hands on

Which quiz? What did I miss in my absence?
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Lol, hey Cerbs.

Anyway....

I just massively panicked because I scored a D on a quiz whereas last semester I aced every single test and assignment.

Thankfully, I have a few days left where I can take another quiz and see if I am not cut out for this course, drop and switch to something else. The only problem is if this same precise issue happens in another course (the previous courses I took all were fair; I can handle whatever assignments but not questions that deliberately screw a student over).

But maybe I'm incredibly stupid, hence, "mediocre."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are ready to drop a class because of a single sub-par grade, maybe you really *are* stupid. A more determined student would find a way to do better next time... maybe talk to the teacher about how your study habits are failing you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It just doesn't make sense. I studied it perfectly and using the same habits, I ace'ed last semester.

Besides, the main issue here is the questions being asked in the course versus dropping for one that I know doesn't do the same thing. I have 3-4 days to take another quiz and see if this will be a consistent issue with the course.

Anyway, I'm sure this is a huge mess and doesn't make a lot of sense...That's how affected I am right now.

The main point I'm trying to convey is about the realization that maybe I'm mediocre and should just live accordingly.

Is it normal to think like this?