+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys! Rate this girl!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I hate how guys do that... Its ridiculous, pointless, stupid, offensive, immature, nasty, insulting etc etc. Im glad men where i come from are not usually so childish and disrespectful.
    Haha.....you dont understand men very well. We all do this....besides it fun Now if I would say that to her face it would be ridiculous, pointless, stupid, offensive, immature, nasty, insulting

She gets a 7
    Last edited by surfhb2; 16-02-13 at 01:02 PM.

Girls do it too.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Haha.....you dont understand men very well. We all do this....besides it fun Now if I would say that to her face it would be ridiculous, pointless, stupid, offensive, immature, nasty, insulting

She gets a 7
    Can I ask you all to give a little reason behind your rating?

I asked my bf and a few other people have they ever done that and they all said no.. I think it is an american thing. I am not american...

Girls definitely don't do it where I come from btw. Assigning a number to a person based just on their looks is offensive and cruel - surfhb you think girls don't realize when guys are "judging" them from across the street with their friends? It IS cruel and offensive. I guess it's human nature though. I hate it when my guy friends do it with girls that pass by. I feel sorry for the girl whether she gets a "high grade" or not. It's objectifying, it's like you're reducing a person to just her looks. Which is also REALLY stupid: once you get to spend time with a person, you may realize you have great sexual tension/chemistry even though you didn't like them at first glance.

michelle23, maybe your bf and the other guys you've asked have told you they don't do it because they sensed you wouldn't have liked it? It's a possibility. If they really don't do it, it gives me hope :-).
    Last edited by searock; 16-02-13 at 06:35 PM.

Nah seriously-they don't do it. I used to hang out with a whole bunch of lads as a teenager and they never did that. We used to be one big group of close friends-we spent lots of time together. I never once heard any boy/man do that here...

If they think a girl is hot-they would point it out but they wouldn't rate her out of ten. And if they thought a girl was unattractive-they would normally say nothing and keep it to themselves unless they heard she had a crush on one of them-he'd make a face and say "not my cup of tea"

I LOVE Irish men They are also proven to be the most faithful lol so find yourself an Irish boy searock

If they think a girl is hot-they would point it out but they wouldn't rate her out of ten. And if they thought a girl was unattractive-they would normally say nothing and keep it to themselves unless they heard she had a crush on one of them-he'd make a face and say "not my cup of tea"
    Oh, okay... actually this is what "good guys" do here, too :-). It's only the ignorant, obnoxious guys who actually snigger and point to their friends when they see a girl they aren't attracted to. Most of the guys I knew in high school would do that, and I loathed them for it. Not the guys I hang out with now, thankfully :-).

I LOVE Irish men They are also proven to be the most faithful lol so find yourself an Irish boy searock
    I've actually always been intrigued by Irish men :-P! If I ever break up (which I hope I don't) I will maybe try to get myself one ;-). Out of curiosity, what proof is there that they're the most faithful?
    Last edited by searock; 16-02-13 at 07:06 PM.

lol there's not much "proof". its more a cultural thing and the way they are brought up. There are obviously plenty of bad ones but the majority are great

Comedian Maeve Higgins went undercover and found that our attached men are not as easy to seduce as some might believe.

Dressed as a traffic warden, Maeve, 24, went out on the streets of Dublin, offering to rip up ?25 parking fines in return for a date. Her victims were unaware that cameras were filming their reactions.

But after spending eight days on the city streets and issuing countless fines, she only found one man willing to give her his phone number.

Maeve explained her ruse, saying: "I acted as this really desperate parking warden who would issue parking fines for stupid reasons and then look for a date to rip it up.

"One guy looked for my details to complain about a ticket and I pretended that I thought he was looking for my personal phone number and was more than willing to give it to him. He nearly died.

"Nearly all the men opted to pay the fine rather than meet me for a drink."

Maeve also disguised herself as a hotel inspector and tried to chat up waiters, barmen and managers.

"They were really faithful too. I'd come on really strong but they would just say they were taken."

But she was not embarrassed by her failed attempts.

"I wasn't embarrassed, but I felt sorry for a lot of the men because they looked so uncomfortable. You could literally see their faces dropping."

If a group of guys were hanging out and one said: "Hey, on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you give her?" , there's not a man in the world who would say:

"omg! That's so cruel and offensive"

Mature guys don't go around rating women all day ( thats just dumb and immature) but the point is we're ****ing pigs sometimes when we get around the boys. women just don't get to hear it
    Last edited by surfhb2; 17-02-13 at 02:17 AM.

The point is that "good guys" don't even ask such a question.

I just think it doesn't make much sense on a number scale... to me I base it on being cute, hot, good looking, sexy, etc. like a guy can be cute in some ways but I might not necessarily think he was "hot"... but I couldn't just assign a number to them. I definitely rate guys in my head but the whole number thing doesn't make sense to me. plus everyone has different opinions, some of my friends will think a guy is drop dead gorgeous and I look at him like, what is she thinking?! haha

Ya the whole rating IS just men seeking approval off thur friends to ensure its ok to actually ask her out lol coz its the worst thing in the world if his ego is bruised coz one of his friends gave her a 5 lmfao!!

Oh little boys never really grow up do they and they used to think men were the more intelligent species

Ya the whole rating IS just men seeking approval off thur friends to ensure its ok to actually ask her out lol coz its the worst thing in the world if his ego is bruised coz one of his friends gave her a 5 lmfao!!

Oh little boys never really grow up do they and they used to think men were the more intelligent species
    Yeah, you "Twilight" loving, "Glee"-watching, Katy Perry-worshipping materialistic broads are totally smarter. I mean, Darwin, and Plato and Einstein and Jesus and George Lucas are all women, right?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    the point is that "good guys" don't even ask such a question.
    bullsh*t!!!

Haha i dont watch gkee, i think twilight is a bit ridiculous and over the top, i earn my own money and am far from materialistic and i cant remember what else you just said lol.

It was a jobe, take a pill

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast