+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys! Rate this girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Girls do it too.
    YES! And we are the worst for comparing other females.....the cattiness! Like "OH! did you see that? She thinks she is all that!" "Did you have a look at those boobs? so fake!" "What a slut!" "She wears wayyyyy too much blush!"

I've never met a girl who actually rated a guy using numbers. In my experience, only immature high school guys rated girls using numbers. Otherwise they do as michelle23 said - they point out when they see a woman they find attractive, and they don't say anything when they see a woman they don't find attractive. Only immature (or curious maybe) guys ask their friends if they think the girl they like is "hot". The point is not whether your friends think she's hot, it's whether YOU think she's hot.

Smackie is also right - lots of women judge other women based on looks.

As for this thread: either the girl in the picture is also the OP, or it's her bf/date/guy who is thinking about dating her. Either way s/he must be pretty insecure.

We rate people subconsciously. Maybe not with numbers but with "I'd hit that", to "they are not to bad" to "no way!" We all have our own personal categories....it's natural thing to do.....we are sexual creatures, we are going to look!

As for the girl in the picture, I rate her as a 7 or 8. She could use a nose job, but a nose like that is common for the South Asian race. So she would be rated a 9-10 in the eyes of South Asian men. Culture and race really plays a big role in what we find as attractive. Some like junk in the trunk you know what I mean....

Yeah, because Europe is SOOOO progressive, no one is really intact with their human nature..Goodness. I wish I could live among such enlightened human beings.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I agree that to a certain extent we all judge others but some of us dont feel the need to point it out if we think someone is attractive/unattractive.

I have never had a crush/infatuated by someone i merely looked at once or twice. My crush started when i knew a little about the actual person

everyone has a type- my type is generally a person who takes pride in their appearance and makes an effort to look good. I dont care about eye colour, hair colour, skin colour etc. Muscle is also great

U make NO sense. Have you ever been to europe lovesreject

The number rating system became popular in North America because of a movie that came out in 1979 called 10. 10 meaning the character's (Dudley Moore) ideal woman (Bo Derick). http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078721/

It was a very popular movie. Almost every girl everywhere went out and got that cornrow hairstyle.

I saw that film. Pretty good (and yes, the Wikipedia made sure to acknowledge its cultural significance).
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

That movie was talked about for years. I liked it too...pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    We rate people subconsciously. Maybe not with numbers but with "I'd hit that", to "they are not to bad" to "no way!" We all have our own personal categories....it's natural thing to do.....we are sexual creatures, we are going to look!
    I agree, we all do that in our minds. But only immature guys say it out loud with an air of self-satisfaction and machismo, and only very insecure guys need their friends' "approval" in order to feel good about themselves. I mean, I don't care whether my friends think my bf is "hot" or not... he's the hottest man alive TO ME, that's all that matters.

About the use of numbers to rate people: it may be because of that movie (I'd never heard of it so maybe it really is just a north american thing), but it's still immature and offensive IMO. It's one thing to say "Wow, that girl is really attractive", it's quite another to say "That girl is a 9". In one case you're complimenting the appearance of a person, in the other case you're reducing the person to their looks, so you're basically objectifying her.

Also, "rating" someone you see for the first time really doesn't mean anything even in terms of attraction... you need to talk and interact with someone (even just once) in order to be able to understand whether you're actually attracted to them.

One time I was at a bar and this dude comes up to me and my friend, and asked us how he rated lol. He explained he came to the bar alone because his roommate didn't want to go out. We just turned away and laughed.

Hahah... was he using that as a pickup line?? I would have reacted the same way you did :-).

All I asked is for everyone to rate the girl, start another thread if you want to talk about why rating is wrong.. sheesh

Why don't you rate her yourself and stop worrying what strangers think of her? Go on Hot or Not and let those who care, care.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Ratings are fair; society tells us if we are attractive and we as a society decide if others are. And if the uggos don't like it, they can move to join primitive, indigenous cultures where their God awful traits are perceived (wrongly) as attractive.
    I thought you were leaving this site. Unpleasant little man.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast