+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reason to believe she is interested?

Reason to believe she is interested?

Is this enough reason to think this girl could be interested in some sort?

On facebook i got an invite a week ago from a girl that is the daughter of a close family friend. Years ago on a trip to my family's native country i was once sitting with my cousin talking about her school when she showed me a picture of her class and i pointed out that i REALLY found this one girl to be very pretty...

I dont know if she ever told the girl this, but before i left ( this was 3 and a half years ago btw) we ( my cousins, aunts, uncles, parents and me) visited this girls house to say hi to her parents, and i got excited that i might meet her but unfortunately we only stayed for 20 mins and she was in her room watching tv, she never came out and no one did anything, never even met her, although i do think i saw a glimpse of her, and i thought it was vice versa as well( that she hadnt seen me), until today that i finally thought about it.

When she sent me the invite i took a while to remember who she was because for some reason her profile picture was picture less, and then it finally came to me as i accepted it, i didnt think about it any special way because i simply accepted it and sent her a message saying hi with a smiley face, she returned the favor.

Since then i hadnt really thought about it because i dont know i just didnt, and i have also been interested in this one other girl, but yesterday i liked one of her new pictures that was on the status page and today as i wake up i go to my message box and theres a message from her telling me " surely you are wondering, who is she? one time you came to my mom's house ( insert name) with your aunt and cousins!"

She wrote this in spanish where in the culture she wrote it has a bit more of a friendly hello message feel to it than an abrupt feeling it might seem like here.

Well here i am thinking, i told my cousin i like her, i went to her house but i never met her ( i thought she had never met me), and 3 and a half yeas later, almost 4 she sees me in facebook and sends me a friend request?

I replied to the message saying that i remembered and all... Now im not gonna flirt or anything, ill be friendly and maybe try to make conversation if needed, but anyways, i cant help but think that maybe she was told by my cousin or something happened, because it just seems strange to me that having never met, said hi, or shaken hands, 3 years later she friend invites me?

I dont know i just thought that it could be a sign, but who knows.
    Last edited by whatname; 19-02-13 at 03:32 AM.

Sounds to me like she's just being friendly. At any rate, as she lives overseas it's extremely unlikely she wants anything more than to be FB friends.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Ya very valid point, but i seem to have this question in my mind about why would she invite me? What interest could there be?

She added you on facebook? That means things are getting pretty serious. LOL

My suggestion is keep it real. Only things that done and said in real life have any worth. Some messages over the internet is easy and dont ask any effort or personal atraction.

I remember years ago I saw a girl picture on facebook I used to like 4 years ago, one message lead to another and after one date it was over. Few months later I went to UK (to become a better man so she would like me) and didnt came back for 3 years. All because one picture on FB.

she probably added you because your cousin mentioned you and she was curious. but we can't really answer whether she's interested or not, she is the only one who knows that. if you really wanna find out why not message her and start a conversation?

I sent her a message that i would assume implies for further conversation, she still hasnt seen it according to Facebook. Based on the factors in the story, she may be curious if anything as u said.