+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do girls think guys who bike around town instead of drive are stupid?

Do girls think guys who bike around town instead of drive are stupid?

I enjoy biking but feel kinda ashamed when a chick is around, makes me feel like a peasant and an idiot. I mean, wouldn't I be correct in saying girls look at guys who bike around even for leisure and assume they're broke dumbasses? I feel like girls get pretty classist when they see a guy not driving a hot car and use an alternative method of transportation (even if it's for a good reason, such as staying in shape).
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

You need to sample the town bike. I think if you do, you won't give a flying eff what elitist broads think about your bike riding.

The only people that seem to bike around here are slob Mexican immigrants and kids.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

and your point is?

I hate being bunched up with 'em. What's worse is accidentally going for a bike ride around the same time as stupid high school'ers: since I probably LOOK like one, I get associated with them, too.

So I can imagine flirting on bike is perhaps the lamest way to ever try.

Why would you flirt with someone that you are positive wouldn't find you and your bike riding up to her standard anyway? Maybe you'd do well to bike around the highschool at last bell and go flirt with someone, who like you, rides a bike?

If a woman is going to judge you because you are riding a bike, that's a pretty damn good representation of how shallow she is. Do you think that all the people that eat off the dollar menu at McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc, are broke @$$e$? Ride your bike and to h3!! with the "classy chicks" judging. Most of them are probably wearing knock off clothes and carrying fake handbags.....what right do they have to judge?

are you biking for exercise or because that's your only form of transportation?

My hubby rides to work. It keeps him fit and it's significantly quicker and cheaper than catching public transport/being stuck in traffic. Win/win/win

What I don't understand is the mocking of men his age for wearing lycra pants. What's wrong with wearing the most practical garment for the job?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

look, its probably your pink helmet.. if not your biking skills.. however if that is not the case, then a car will not help you.. if you look like a high school kid .. guy use that shit to your advantage.. tell the chicks your bike is one of a kind.. ridden by lance armstrong when he still had 2 testes ... i'll work
    Last edited by rob1984; 21-02-13 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    are you biking for exercise or because that's your only form of transportation?
    For exercise. That and it was fun until I started thinking about how it might be stupid looking..

the only thing I don't like about people who bike are the ones who do it and get in the way when I'm driving. other than that it's fine, I don't see why people would think it was stupid unless you ride a bike with training wheels or something stupid like that

There's nothing unappealing about a hot guy on a bike :-).
    Last edited by searock; 21-02-13 at 07:25 PM.

lol why do you care? If you like biking-just do it

That's just Americans being stupid imo. Anywhere else in the world, riding your bike to school or work is normal. Here, just like you said, it's poor people and immigrants. (I know, not exactly true, but it's the typical stereotype).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast