+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go on a second date?

Where to go on a second date?

I asked a girl in my class out for a first date, and I said that we could go bowling or see a movie or something, and she said she would like to see a movie. We just went on our first date a couple of days ago, but I want to set something up so she knows I am still interested. The problem is I can't really think of anything, since it is February I can't go mini-golfing or anything like that. I think bowling would be the best option since it is close by (I can't drive yet) but I think it would be weird if I suggested bowling twice in a row. This is the first time I have ever dated someone so I am completely clueless about this stuff. What do you guys think, would it be wired to suggest bowling twice in a row and if so what are some other ideas (that don't cost that much)?

First answer how old you are? This will make a difference.

I am 16 years old

Okay, with that being said, how about ice skating? It would be a fairly cheap option for a date?

You could always just go take a walk/hike at a park or around the neighborhood, or just out to lunch or coffee at the low-key place. Doesn't have to be fancy, but you want it to be somewhere that you can talk and connect and get to know each other. Bike rides can be fun if that's what you are interested in. Maybe take her to the mall and walk around, if she picks up a stuffed animal or something, buy it for her and earn brownie points. Ice cream or dessert and be inexpensive and fun too!

The zoo, a carnival, a tourist attraction such as a museum, a circus. All of those things can be fun.

If she likes you she wont care where you go together. She probably just wants to talk and get to know you better.

You could just go for lunch or coffee or go for a walk in the park or the woods.

Don't go to a movie. It is not a good place to talk, touch and gradually get to know each other better. Unless you're planning to do some wrestling in the back row. Ice skating, swimming, walking.

Thanks everyone for the ideas

@Slefgor Where I live you can never predict what the weather would be like. I would hate to plan something out and then have it turn out to be way to cold to actually do it. The mall is a good idea but it is kind of far away for someone to take us.

@michelle23 For a zoo, carnival, things like that are also pretty far away (I am getting my license in a month so this wont be a problem for long)

@Boisdevie and @halfandhalf12 I am leaning towards going ice skating (I have an indoor rink close by). Would me and her just skate around and talk? Also
    @Boisdevie I didn't really think a movie was that good a place to go either but I thought I would suggest it anyway. Me and her also know each other pretty well since we talk at school.

Wow 16 awesome...get your license quick. Great times ahead.

Ice skating is a great idea, but make it a bit more special. Pack a little cooler with some drinks and some food. Think about something she would enjoy eating, maybe she mentioned something in class. Bring an extra blanket or jacket, she may get cold. Be yourself, listen, talk, and go with the flow.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 21-02-13 at 03:52 AM.

@FlaCooln thanks for the help I will try those. Also is it ok to ask a girl out for a second date through email or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    @FlaCooln thanks for the help I will try those. Also is it ok to ask a girl out for a second date through email or not?
    always ask in person! ALWAYS. the internet is awesome, but it has totally broken younger generations social skills. It will be much more meaningful if you ask her these kind of questions in person or over the phone (NOT VIA TXT). I know its way harder, but its good practice for the rest of your life and it carrys alot more weight.

Well I asked her in person for the first date, but I don't have school for the rest of the week and I don't her phone number.

Well I asked her in person for the first date, but I don't have school for the rest of the week and I don't her phone number.
    So next time you see her ask her for it! When you see her at school ask her what she has going on the rest of the week. Once she has told figure out which day sounds like it is the most open for her and ask her immediatly to do something that day. If she makes an excuse after telling you shes not doing anything you might have a problem, but I wouldn't expect that based off everything else you have said. Its difficult, but the more direct and assertive you learn to be at a young age the better you will do in the dating world. Maybe 1% of guys are lucky enough to have girls consistently approach them the rest are not. You have take the initiative, I mean what more do you need then her friends telling you she like you to believe it? She is obviously feeding them that information so they will tell you! We don't get that luxury post highschool so enjoy it while it lasts

I don't think I said her friends told me she liked me? Do you think she will assume that I am not interested if I don't ask her out for 7 days after our first date (I have been talking to her though email though)

I don't think I said her friends told me she liked me? Do you think she will assume that I am not interested if I don't ask her out for 7 days after our first date (I have been talking to her though email though)
    your right I got you confused with another thread as far as the friend remarks.

Keep talking to her e-mail. flirt a bit, but save the date question for when you can see her in person.

The only reason to ask via E-mail would be if your on holiday right now and you both have more free time then usual. If thats the case ask for her phone number via e-mail then call her and ask her out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast