+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Discussion. Guys what do you physically prefer? skinny or curvy? why?

Open Discussion. Guys what do you physically prefer? skinny or curvy? why?

i know personality is the most important but what calls your attention in a woman?

I think a skinny girl can also be curvy, i.e. big ass and big nice tits without fat in between them. Hell, curvy can mean damned nice hips, as well.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Both can be attractive in many different ways. I don't really have a preference as long as she looks healthy and the curves are in the right places.

I'm gay, so I can't really apply this to a woman, but here's what I think in general of attraction. Call me wrong, if you wish...

I think that most people generally are drawn to average weight or skinny people due to the societal trends and the media's influence. Think about it: sex sells. I know this sounds incredibly pessimistic of the human race, but media has a massive influence on our lives. From what kind of politicians we want in office to what kind of music we like even to what we wear. The media projects images of what they consider popularity, and I feel most people follow it. If you don't agree with me, why do most people prefer to shop at Hot-Topic, Aero (I think that's how you spell it?), and Forever 21 than at a Walmart or a Goodwill Store? How do you explain the fashion industry? How do you explain how most people, in my experience, wear tight jeans and flannel button downs of outrageous colors? How do you explain why most of the ads anymore have some sort of woman in a bikini? The media is trying to sell you on things. And I think we've let it sell us on what is normal of people.

Nevertheless, even if they aren't influenced by what's popular, I think their attraction is based on something distinguishing about the person. For me, it's eyes. Either way, I think (and again this sounds shallow) we're first attracted to the person on a physical level because their outward appearance is what we see. Then we talk to them....get to know them...and before you know it, you couldn't care less about the outside anymore because all you want is the heart and what's inside.

I, myself, though, find I'm more attracted to guys of average weight...I don't like a guy that's a twig. I associate that with feminism in gay guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I'm gay, so I can't really apply this to a woman, but here's what I think in general of attraction. Call me wrong, if you wish...

I think that most people generally are drawn to average weight or skinny people due to the societal trends and the media's influence. Think about it: sex sells. I know this sounds incredibly pessimistic of the human race, but media has a massive influence on our lives. From what kind of politicians we want in office to what kind of music we like even to what we wear. The media projects images of what they consider popularity, and I feel most people follow it. If you don't agree with me, why do most people prefer to shop at Hot-Topic, Aero (I think that's how you spell it?), and Forever 21 than at a Walmart or a Goodwill Store? How do you explain the fashion industry? How do you explain how most people, in my experience, wear tight jeans and flannel button downs of outrageous colors? How do you explain why most of the ads anymore have some sort of woman in a bikini? The media is trying to sell you on things. And I think we've let it sell us on what is normal of people.

Nevertheless, even if they aren't influenced by what's popular, I think their attraction is based on something distinguishing about the person. For me, it's eyes. Either way, I think (and again this sounds shallow) we're first attracted to the person on a physical level because their outward appearance is what we see. Then we talk to them....get to know them...and before you know it, you couldn't care less about the outside anymore because all you want is the heart and what's inside.

I, myself, though, find I'm more attracted to guys of average weight...I don't like a guy that's a twig. I associate that with feminism in gay guys.
    amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I don't like a guy that's a twig. I associate that with feminism in gay guys.
    Lol, damn you. I am sure this is precisely what girls think about us twigs; do you gays and gals have any idea how hard it is to be a twig?

Good point, is what I am saying and not really lashing out at you.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Lol, damn you. I am sure this is precisely what girls think about us twigs; do you gays and gals have any idea how hard it is to be a twig?

I know how hard is for us girls to be a twig lol from my perspective and as a girl i like to feel meat when i hug a guy and at least i would like him to be heavier than me, so i feel all protected

Curvy w/a nice backside. Nothing ridiculous, but enough in the right places.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post

lol This actually made me laugh. And I'm quite sure it's hard to be a twig unless you have a high metabolism. But you never know; some women could like guys who are twigs. In fact, lots of them I've known like the "skater" body type. hahaha

If you take care of your health like that, though, I applaud you. I just don't diet or really work out, but I don't refuse all physical activity either and don't constantly stuff myself with lard. I'm just average I guess? lol I eat what I eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina26 View Post
    I know how hard is for us girls to be a twig lol from my perspective and as a girl i like to feel meat when i hug a guy and at least i would like him to be heavier than me, so i feel all protected
    Never heard an open admission of that; that's usually seen as a subconscious motivation for mate selection by expert sociologist and dating/relationship/love gurus such as myself..

As for what I like, skinny, uber girlie and with curves.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina26 View Post
    Totally misinterpreted "feel meat" until I read the rest of your post. I was like "wait, so I should make sure I have a boner before I hug a girl from now on?" lmao

haha! ^^^^

I prefer them a bit curvy. I've never thought that starving looked sexy.

I think you should have included pictures in your post, because curvy and skinny mean different things to different people. Curvy for instance can be Marilyn Monroe curvy, or.. I dunno Oprah Winfrey curvy.. Skinny could also mean near average or near-anorexic, 6-feet-tall-stick-called-runway-model type of skinny..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast