+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hard to get or sweet and honest?

Hard to get or sweet and honest?

So ive just started internet dating and i wanna know what will hook a guy - do you like girls who play hard to get and if so how aloof? Ignore your messages?

Here's a thought: ditch the games and try being yourself. I mean, if you get a guy to fall for a fake you, when will you shatter his illusion and start being yourself?

Also, would being called a fake bother you? If yes, it's another reason to be true to yourself.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

yeh but i wear my heart on my sleeve and always say what i feel and think and it scares guys off! so being myself doesnt work!

Quote Originally Posted by ruby_red View Post
    yeh but i wear my heart on my sleeve and always say what i feel and think and it scares guys off! so being myself doesnt work!
    This problem won't go away if you present a fake persona because you can't keep it up forever. As soon as you relax, the real you will appear and you'll be back at square one.

Perhaps your perspectives need addressing. For example, in another thread, you want to know how to get a guy who you've had one date with interested again. In this situation, you've obviously gotten far too emotionally involved without even getting to know him. When dating, it's important to maintain emotional distance until you can see a future. Just to be clear, I'm not advocating pretending to be aloof - I'm advocating not becoming attached someone who you barely know.

If you fall for every Tom, Dick and Harry which comes along, guys will see this and get scared off. But the answer is not to fake it. The answer is to learn how to slow your emotions down. Learn to take it as it comes and chill out a bit.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

lol stop wearing your heart on your sleave and be cautious/weary of men until you suss them out. Thats all you need to change.

But dont bother with the games. Men are not stupid and they can spot a fake-they want a girl whos not afraid to just be herself