+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex is nice to me now

Ex is nice to me now

Well a guy and I dated for a very short amount of time, but we got to know each other really and our personalities just meshed well too, even though we basically met when we first started dating/hanging out. It was toward the end of the school year so I knew it was not going to last long. He did not want any commitment over the summer, but we still talked the same way, so I told him I couldn't talk to him over the summer because I couldn't be just friends with him and talk flirtatiously. It only took him a month to miss me and we talked, but I met someone else over the summer whom I ended up dating. My ex and I gradually starting talking less and less and now we did not talk all semester.

Last night, I was at a country concert (we both love country music), and I texted him asking if he went. We had a good text conversation that night during the concert. We had jokes about whether I was getting any numbers from artists or if I was trying to get some (because I had an all-access pass and I was able to meet the artists and be backstage). I said no but I told him that he would find one of the artists beautiful and he said ha I'm sure. It seemed like he did not want to stop talking to me.

Later in the convo, we talked about our job (we have the same student position) and my school work for my senior thesis, which he found interesting. I made a joke and he said I made him laugh. Later since I know him pretty well, he told me I read him like a book and stuff. There was a lot of teasing sarcasm in the conversation altogether and we texted until around 2 am when he fell asleep. Like one time "your sarcasm never changes" and he said "i try lol"

2 days later, he texted me again like "whats up?" and he wanted to talk to me, but I was with friends so I felt bad I could not talk to him as much as I wanted to. I was surprised that I got a text from him though but our conversations are pretty much the same as when we did date. Why do you suppose he has a thing for me still and we broke up 7 months ago and we only went out for a month, and there was nothing sexual in our relationship.

I am just surprised that he was wanting to text me. I mean if he did not want to talk he could have stopped, right?

he liked you before, he can easily still like you again or always has. Just go hang out with him, see what happens.. if you are interested in him, I see no reason why you should not. Go have a coffee and continue your text conversations in person.. see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1984 View Post
    he liked you before, he can easily still like you again or always has. Just go hang out with him, see what happens.. if you are interested in him, I see no reason why you should not. Go have a coffee and continue your text conversations in person.. see how it goes.
    You could go with this, but let me ask you something... What makes you think that he'll want commitment this time around? What makes you think that he's changed his ways?

For that matter, why would you want to go backward?

I know I sound a bit blunt, but things happen for a reason... When I dated my ex, we broke up over arguments and got back together before. More or less, it seemed like every time he came back, things would go well for a short time and then go downhill until it ended. I had the chance to go out with guys that actually appreciated me as a person, but I kept them as friends to take him back. My point is that you can either go back or go forward... You can go back to this guy who broke up with you after a month because he didn't want anything serious, or you could find something worthwhile with another. There's not much to go on here, but this guy sounds to me like he's coming back to you for convenience. He's coming back into it too strong, telling you how deeply he feels too fast. My ex was the same way; he would go for long periods of time without talking to me. But when he did? He'd be confessing how I always knew him better than anyone else- that he missed me. Now, would you really want to be someone's convenience?
    Bottom line: You have no idea who you'll meet and what kind of guys are out there unless you take the initiative to put yourself out there and mingle with others.

And if you don't believe in going forward, I pose a dare for you...

I dare you to talk to at least 5 other guys on a serious level about a relationship and see if any of those guys makes you feel something new and different- to see if you like one of them. If you talk to those five other guys and still feel drawn to your ex, then I will say nothing more and wish you the best of luck.
    I do this not to trick you; I only do this to show you there are other guys out there who will appreciate you as a person and want something more than a casual fling. My friend Snuggie (Long story behind the nickname) posed this dare to me once to prove that there are other guys out there who care, back when my ex dumped me for the final time. And you know what? I'm thankful he dared me every day...

In the end, you'll do whatever you feel is best for you.
    However, I would recommend you accept my dare, if nothing else, because you'll see what I'm talking about.
    In the end, it's up to you. I just hope this helps, at least, a little.

Is this the same guy that you were cheating with when he had a GF?

Guys, go read her other posts... she's only got one oar in the water.

no this is NOT the guy I was cheating with

I find it funny you call him your ex when you just dated for a month. Anyways, it sounds to me he is still interested. Not sure why you need to come here and talk about this. It's seems pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Guys, go read her other posts... she's only got one oar in the water.
    I guess this is where not paying much attention to the usernames asking for advice comes back to bite me... :S

Rowen, here is a tip. Look at the number of posts they have made. This will indicate if they are a new comer or not. It pays to check out their previous posts.

Thanks, Smackie. I'll have to remember that, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyobabe01 View Post
    Well a guy and I dated for a very short amount of time, but we got to know each other really and our personalities just meshed well too, even though we basically met when we first started dating/hanging out. It was toward the end of the school year so I knew it was not going to last long. He did not want any commitment over the summer, but we still talked the same way, so I told him I couldn't talk to him over the summer because I couldn't be just friends with him and talk flirtatiously. It only took him a month to miss me and we talked, but I met someone else over the summer whom I ended up dating. My ex and I gradually starting talking less and less and now we did not talk all semester.

Last night, I was at a country concert (we both love country music), and I texted him asking if he went. We had a good text conversation that night during the concert. We had jokes about whether I was getting any numbers from artists or if I was trying to get some (because I had an all-access pass and I was able to meet the artists and be backstage). I said no but I told him that he would find one of the artists beautiful and he said ha I'm sure. It seemed like he did not want to stop talking to me.

Later in the convo, we talked about our job (we have the same student position) and my school work for my senior thesis, which he found interesting. I made a joke and he said I made him laugh. Later since I know him pretty well, he told me I read him like a book and stuff. There was a lot of teasing sarcasm in the conversation altogether and we texted until around 2 am when he fell asleep. Like one time "your sarcasm never changes" and he said "i try lol"

2 days later, he texted me again like "whats up?" and he wanted to talk to me, but I was with friends so I felt bad I could not talk to him as much as I wanted to. I was surprised that I got a text from him though but our conversations are pretty much the same as when we did date. Why do you suppose he has a thing for me still and we broke up 7 months ago and we only went out for a month, and there was nothing sexual in our relationship.

I am just surprised that he was wanting to text me.
    I mean if he did not want to talk he could have stopped, right?
    Did you forget that you text him first? Thereby opening it up for a dialogue with you. O.o *shakes head*

tonight he came over and we friendly "wrestled", where we definitely got close but nothing happened, even though we did get close to kissing. we talked before and after and what was so great was that we were able to have a normal conversation and it could last for hours if we wanted to. he even texted me after he left.

Fascinating.

I'm always nice to anyone of my ex in the past. Sometimes I get some on the side with no strings attached, that's why we do it.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."