+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on possible relationship

Advice on possible relationship

Ok so long story short, I really like this girl who also likes me. We both like each other A LOT. The only problem is that she used to like one of my buddys for almost 2 years. We started cuddling and making out and stuff for the past week. She tells me that she really likes me and that I'm the best guy she's ever met and all that cute stuff. She's telling me now that things are complicated and that for the time being, we can't be in a relationship until she gets closure with my buddy she used to like. Now as of a few days ago, she still kinda liked him, but not nearly as much as she likes me. I know this sounds like she may have a lot of feelings for my buddy still, but trust me, whether she does or not, she likes me more. She keeps telling me stuff like "I choose you" "your constantly on my mind", stuff like that. I know what I'm talking about.(That really was the short version, I promise lol).

Now, what I don't know what I'm talking about is this. She's telling me that before we start having sleepovers and kissing again, she wants closure with my buddy because she wants to respect their friendship. After that, I'm all hers. She doesn't know how she's gonna get closure. Is there anything (other then nothing) I can do to help her? Not only do I obviously want to start a real relationship with her(first for both of us even though we're in college), but I legit want to help out.

How can I help her get closure?

Any comments are appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Obeyg1ant; 24-02-13 at 09:24 AM.

If I understand it right, she was fond of him for a couple of years - nothing happened and she's moved on and found you. What kind of closure could she possibly need?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

They just don't want to ruin their friendship. My buddy insists that us being together will ruin their frienship. He's basicaly just ****ing with her head.

And she ended up giving him a handy and made out with him. After that, she went crazy for him but he didn't really want a relationship. She was crushed.

She does still kinda have feelings for him, she just wants to be friends with him and be in a relationship with me. It was just a ****ed up situationa and ya know, she's a crazy girl.

Sorry for the poor grammar, I'm on my phone right now.
    Last edited by Obeyg1ant; 24-02-13 at 10:35 AM.

Well, I guess she has to choose between the two of you. Still not sure where 'closure' comes into this.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Shes basicaly yours. You just have to pick her up - sleep with her. If you want a women than be a man. Dont let her play with your mind.

As much as other guy dont deserve her still he had the balls to do something that you never had and basicaly make her feel like a women.

But she already has.

Update:

They're talking about it over text. She's gonna talk to him tomorrow when he gets back. I asked her if it sounds like they're gonna remain friends, she said yes. I asked her if there's anything I should be worried about and she also said no.

I guess at this point it looks like she's handling it fine on her own, but if anybody knows something I should do or say, I'd be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Shes basicaly yours. You just have to pick her up - sleep with her. If you want a women than be a man. Dont let her play with your mind.

As much as other guy dont deserve her still he had the balls to do something that you never had and basicaly make her feel like a women.
    Whoah bro. First off, I just started liking her so I never really had the chance. Second, I'm pretty religous. I don't want to do anything other then make out until I'm married. It's not that I didn't "man up", I just have a different set of morals.

Also, she's a virgin too and also wants to stay one for a while. The only reason she gave him a handy was becuase she was wicked drunk. She regrets it now.

If shes a virgin that makes things only easier for you. Cause everything you do will have a huge impact. - For me it sounds stupid that shes still talking to guy(and even wana remain friends) who just used her and didnt really gave her anything. But thats how chemistry works.

Its great that you have a morals but if you gona end up without her then you gona regret ignoring your animal insticts and emotions just because you have a knowledge. Talking from my own expierience.

Good luck with getting married lol.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 24-02-13 at 03:42 PM.

I think your getting bad advice here. Just banging her will NOT make her "yours" thats a load of crap and very insensitive.

I think you should back away from her-she doesnt no what she wants and shes just telling you what you want to hear.

Leave her to sort out whatever she needs to do. Just focus on yourself and wait for her to come to you.

I personally think your wasting your time on this girl-shes just going to bounce the two of you off each other. Y would she want to waste time on his friendship when he clearly treated her badly and just used her for whatever sexual favours he could get.
    She clealy has low self esteem and will prob mess with ur head and ur wasting ur time..

If u want her attention-avoid her, act likee u dont care till she comes back-then tell her ur not playing games and she has to choose. His friendship or you